Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Thieving scumbags
chriscook

posted on 4/6/07 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Thieving scumbags

Broke into my garage last night but stole nothing! Didn't touch the car or the R6 parked in there.

I think there are a bit dim as they broke the lock of the up-and-over door but couldn't get it open but did get the side door open. So today I couldn't go to work as I was making it secure again with several big locks.

When we reported it the police said there have been a few attempts to break into garages in Nuneaton with up-and-overs lately but they have all been unsuccessful.

Am still worried they'll come back but with the locks and cars parked where they are now it should take a while to get in (or anything out) and make a lot of noise in the process.

Just a reminder to all to keep everything secure.

flak monkey

posted on 4/6/07 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Little b@stards. But at least they didnt nick anything. Seems pointless though?

We had a group of dids going round at home a week or so back nicking stuff as they went. They even managed to take a neighbours VW camper van, how the hell they nicked it and no-one heard them I will never know!

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

nitram38

posted on 4/6/07 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
I have fitted a door defender to mine. Costs about £50 on ebay.

Catpuss

posted on 4/6/07 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
The other security measure is one of those land mine units with blank shotgun cartridges and flourescent paint.

Performance Bikes suggested filling them with a dog turd and urine

birt

posted on 5/6/07 at 03:27 AM Reply With Quote
This is an omen my son, get out of Nuneaton and move to a better place.

I'll wash the sheets in the spare bedroom for you...

Bluemoon

posted on 5/6/07 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
I would be worried about em coming back once they have sussed how to get the door open...

One nice thing that the last owner of our house had done, was to fit two mortise locks at ether side and bottom of the up and over door they a difficult to see (as only the key holes show on the outside). He also fitted a hasp bolted into the concrete and bottom of the door, and with a big ass padlock..

If I was doing it I think I would fit four mortise locks to top and bottom corners. This would make it very difficult to get the thing open without a lot of noise bending the door in half...

Dan

MikeR

posted on 5/6/07 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
living in nuneaton and being burgled as few months ago .....

they'll be back, mine returned in 7 days as they knew what i had then & could take a lot more. Unfortunately for them, i'd got an alarm and security lights by this time - so they did my shed instead.

davie h

posted on 5/6/07 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
get the boys round and you all sleep in the garage for the next few nights and when the door is forced open you can the inflict some summary justice on the poor neglected souls

or you could just wire the door up to the mains by mistake

Testingone

posted on 5/6/07 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Razorblades overhanging bottom of inside of door-screwed or riveted right along the full width.Teach them a lesson and youve got a dna sample if they try.
Murvin

posted on 5/6/07 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chriscook
Thieving scumbags

Broke into my garage last night but stole nothing! Didn't touch the car or the R6 parked in there.

With the greatest of respect, you can't really call anyone a thief unless something was actually taken.

Benzine

posted on 5/6/07 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
hehe that's what I was thinking ^__^
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 5/6/07 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Testingone
Razorblades overhanging bottom of inside of door-screwed or riveted right along the full width.Teach them a lesson and youve got a dna sample if they try.

Do that and you'll end up in more trouble than them if they cut themselves. You aren't allowed to set traps for burglars in this country.

On the other hand if you were in your kitchen polishing a golf club and heard a noise you could defend yourself with it if they tried something. But you're only allowed one good hit (not allowed to club them into a coma while they are lying on the ground).

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

pjavon

posted on 5/6/07 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
You need to borrow a nice dog for a few nights, let it sleep in your garage and it'll give you an early warning by barking as soon as they're walking up your drive. Then get an automatic door opener and press the open button as soon as the dog barks and then you can sit back and enjoy watching them running down the street with a dog hanging off there arse

Always keep a big hammer and a condom in your toolbox, if you can't fix it with the hammer

rusty nuts

posted on 5/6/07 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
My old doberman never barked just got stuck in.
davie h

posted on 5/6/07 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

On the other hand if you were in your kitchen polishing a golf club and heard a noise you could defend yourself with it if they tried something. But you're only allowed one good hit (not allowed to club them into a coma while they are lying on the ground).

ahh yes but after you have clubed them into a coma a few self inflicted defence cuts to your hands(if you can take the pain) then put the knife beside the scum bag hey presto your actions were appropriate to the threat

davie h

posted on 5/6/07 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

With the greatest of respect, you can't really call anyone a thief unless something was actually taken.

what do you think they were going to do in the garage tidy it up and give the car a good clean they would have fu**in emptied it had they not been disturbed

chriscook

posted on 5/6/07 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
OK - breaking and entering scumbags!

It should be more difficult to get in now but there's a limit to what I can do as its a rented house.

JoelP

posted on 5/6/07 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
this might cheer you up, two pricks getting layed out. Need to be a registered youtuber as its classed as violent content:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gWYrX0apNY

the worst thing you will sadly find is the lost sleep as you keep waking up and looking out the window - been there, got the teeshirt.

MikeRJ

posted on 5/6/07 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
this might cheer you up, two pricks getting layed out. Need to be a registered youtuber as its classed as violent content:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gWYrX0apNY

Pikeys got their just desserts, but if there is one thing I can't stand it's loud mouthed slappers yelling obscenities, I'd rather listen to a thousand nails being scraped down a blackboard (oops, sorry, "chalkboard". It should be punishable by removal of voice box.

Murvin

posted on 8/6/07 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davie h
what do you think they were going to do in the garage tidy it up and give the car a good clean

Possibly. People can surprise you, and it's this negative stereotyping and hostility towards the young people of today that makes them feel alientaed and possibly depressed. You really ought to write a note of apology and tape it to your garage door.

davie h

posted on 8/6/07 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Possibly. People can surprise you, and it's this negative stereotyping and hostility towards the young people of today that makes them feel alientaed and possibly depressed. You really ought to write a note of apology and tape it to your garage door.

i do hope this is meant to be sarcastic

JoelP

posted on 8/6/07 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
i think it is, judging by past posts, but a little dry on the humour!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.