Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK owners club
graememk

posted on 5/2/08 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
MK owners club

After a quick conversation with the MK owners club boss last week (Andy, ash3), I asked if he wouldn’t mind if I helped out a little seeing as I’m in front of a PC all day.

I'm currently writing to suppliers asking for discounts in exchange for the MK owner’s club recommendation; we also have a sign writer (my mate) coming on board for those that want some vinyl’s.

MK Sports cars are organising a few track days this year for new customers to have a ride along, and we are all invited as members £££ not even discussed yet.

May I ask what else the MK Owners club members past, present and future would like from it?, is there a supplier you would like me to write to ?

Please remember this is a owners club run by enthusiasts for nothing, so no shooting the messenger.

Graeme

[Edited on 5/2/08 by graememk]

jabbahutt

posted on 5/2/08 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
fantastic idea for the club member discounts

How would i find out details of suppliers who've signed up to the scheme?

cheers
Nigel

graememk

posted on 5/2/08 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt
fantastic idea for the club member discounts

How would i find out details of suppliers who've signed up to the scheme?

cheers
Nigel

as soon as i have enough suppliers coming on board it will be on the site, however i'm going to ask if andy wouldnt mind me emailing the owners club members with the details as and when we have some onboard.

Hammerhead

posted on 5/2/08 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
sounds good - i reckon discounted insurance would attract some membership.

From a potential mkoc member.

Hammerhead

posted on 5/2/08 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote

graememk

posted on 5/2/08 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hammerhead

please find a quote from the MK Owners club site

"Dear MK Driver,

Adrian Flux Insurance Services are pleased to announce their association with the MK Owners Club and all those connected.

We are able to offer up to 15% discount on policies for Club Members and would welcome enquiries from all drivers including young drivers and convicted drivers."

bob

posted on 5/2/08 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Nice work graeme

I had a quote from flux yesterday for £119 with agreed value for £7500 which is pretty good.

Although i have decided to go with sureterm who were a touch dearer but a lot cheaper on recovery

[Edited on 10/2/08 by bob]

stevec

posted on 5/2/08 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Well done Graeme.
It would be nice to see some of the sections like the notice board and the members photos up and running.

As for suppliers How about some shoe shops and designer outlets then we all would have more money to spend on shiny stuff for our cars.
Steve.

Mark G

posted on 5/2/08 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not a member as yet mainly due to the fact that when I have in the past clicked on to the owners club, I get the impression that it's not been used for months.

Most of the pages are under constuction and the events section is displaying last years events.

I'm not shooting the messenger but I'd like to see a working site which would pull in members before discounts.

After all if nothing on the site works, what are you joining for?

graememk

posted on 5/2/08 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark G
I'm not a member as yet mainly due to the fact that when I have in the past clicked on to the owners club, I get the impression that it's not been used for months.

Most of the pages are under constuction and the events section is displaying last years events.

I'm not shooting the messenger but I'd like to see a working site which would pull in members before discounts.

After all if nothing on the site works, what are you joining for?

point taken, i'll bring it to andys and mats attention.

[Edited on 6/2/08 by graememk]

Ratt100

posted on 6/2/08 at 12:50 AM Reply With Quote
Or mine
vinnievector

posted on 6/2/08 at 02:31 AM Reply With Quote
I am with

Iam with Mark G to, i have tryed to get you on the pc but failed .
Even went to Donnington last year saw the cars but no club owners .

Mk pimpanel club .

Wait in hope vinnie .

Hellfire

posted on 6/2/08 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
We were members of the MK Owners Club in the final year it was run by Andy & Bob. The club then went into a transitional phase under new ownership and to be honest, I still think that's where it is.

I appreciate that owners clubs are run by enthusiasts and require a lot of hard, unpaid work and organisation but if you can't devote the time required to make it work there is not much point in doing it.

It might sound like I'm having a go at the people that run the club but I'm not. I think they have done a great job so far but I do feel that it needs more structure, input and time spent developing it, to make it work. Fortunately Graeme has offered his time and seems to be willing to help take the owners club forward and I do hope it goes from strength to strength.

Hopefully I'll be renewing our membership in the not-too-distant future.

Phil

JUD

posted on 6/2/08 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Well nothing original in my views:

• Discounts - Insurance, parts, track days
  • Club outings - hoons, exclusive track rental, regional sections for local folks to manage (spread the load of managing the site)
  • Merchandising - with shopping cart - simple fund raiser - help repay some of the overheads. Merchandise selection would need thought - don't want to be holding stock, so a batch approach to items would work better - like Scutter does on the Locost fleeces.
  • Track day attendance page - bit like the one on Pistonheads, whats on where, who is running it, the cost and who's going
  • Links to useful national resources, scrap jards, suppliers, kit manufactures etc
  • Sales section for parts, cars, part finished kits etc
  • Usual paraphernalia like download area for wallpapers, power to weight calc spreadsheets, bodywork colour charts etc

Wouldn't bother with the forum - you get far more info here.

I have to say hats of to anybody wanting to run one of these things. I have had some experience and i can say it was a b@ll-ache. Whatever you did people would winge.

Best of luck - you have my whole hearted support!

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

john_p_b

posted on 6/2/08 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
i'd be gratefull if someone could change my membership status to being in date rather than expired last year seeing as i have renewed it!

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

graememk

posted on 7/2/08 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by john_p_b
i'd be gratefull if someone could change my membership status to being in date rather than expired last year seeing as i have renewed it!

leave it with us

Ratt100

posted on 8/2/08 at 12:45 AM Reply With Quote
Already done and dusted john
LBMEFM

posted on 10/2/08 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
On completion of my Indy-Fireblade (hopefully this summer) I would like to join the owners club. If it is of any use I used to be the south-east area sec for the Robin Hood owners and put together several successful events for club. Do you think this would be of any interest to the MK club?.
graememk

posted on 11/2/08 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
On completion of my Indy-Fireblade (hopefully this summer) I would like to join the owners club. If it is of any use I used to be the south-east area sec for the Robin Hood owners and put together several successful events for club. Do you think this would be of any interest to the MK club?.

well let us know when your ready mate, although there are many more robin hoods than there are MK's

brynhamlet

posted on 12/2/08 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
Newark Existing Member

Already got discount from Adrain Flux.

Good start.

I only want a simple basic car, but for those who want a more trimmed cars, how about Woolies.

Places for perpex or similar for fly screens. I got a quote from sam@adventsigns.co.uk for a made to measure one, if you don’t want to follow the standard ones.

Places like Car Builders Solutions.

Tifossi, whom will endeavor to find anything for you in the way of fittings and screws etc.

Ratt100

posted on 17/2/08 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Members Gallery now up and running, but more experimental at this stage until I see how people get on with it.

http://www.mkownersclub.net/pgallery/main.php

Requires registration and you will be activated after you're details have been checked.

[Edited on 17/2/08 by Ratt100]

Ratt100

posted on 19/2/08 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
Merchandise is now up also

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.