Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tintop question - pug306 rear calipers
Bob C

posted on 8/7/08 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Tintop question - pug306 rear calipers

As the title says - my rear calipers need attention - the dust seal is in the form of rags of rubber & the caliper is starting to sieze & drag. Where can I just get the rubber seal - it seems crazy to have to buy 100s of quids worth of metal (new calipers) when it's 3p of rubber that's needed...
I've tried 2 accesory shops & no dice
cheers
Bob

Mark G

posted on 8/7/08 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
Might be stating the obvious but have you actually tried Peugeot?

locoboy

posted on 8/7/08 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
try '306 breaking' on ebay im sure you will find a suitable 2nd hand calliper for not much money - just make sure you ak about the condition of the seals before you buy!

ATB
Locoboy

will121

posted on 8/7/08 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
think its going to be a main dealer visit, they should sell seal or service kit.
phoenix70

posted on 8/7/08 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
try brakes international here

they do a maintenance kits at good prices

Probably looking for part no BCK3206, I think all 306's use the same rear calipers

Cheers

Scott

[Edited on 8/7/08 by phoenix70]

[Edited on 8/7/08 by phoenix70]

dhutch

posted on 8/7/08 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Word on the street here (people at work) is that your no longer suppost/allow to buy seal kits or work on your brake systems?
- Could be poppy cock, but it might make getting them from pug harder, Although ebay and 3rd party companys are allways an option.

Are these the standard drum units, or the rear disks as found on the 1.8 and 2.0l cars.

The rear disks seam to have appaling repution in 306 circles (try pug306.net) and certianly mind have been make squarking squealing noises since ive had the car and the handbrake hold is terrable. Although they dont get hot, and it did pass an MOT last week.

Daniel

AndyGT

posted on 9/7/08 at 01:05 AM Reply With Quote
I have the same problem here in France (home of Peugeot!!) and apparently only garages can buy a length of pipe pre-made to shape for individual models and trying to buy Copper-Nickel piping or flaring tools are like gold-dust!!

So I am suggesting that it may be a French car manufacturers policy not supplying the parts for brakes. Maybe other car manufacturers sell maintenance bits???

But as above, ebay is the place. Even place an add asking if anyone is breaking one as there are loads of breakers yards using ebay as a secondary business outlet.

Good luck

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 9/7/08 at 01:21 AM Reply With Quote
I don't think the rear calipers have ever worked on my 306 cabriolet. It's not a problem, the fronts do a perfect job of stopping the car even with the heavy V6 engine sat up front.

Luckily, it's lowered so much it won't get on the brake rollers at my MOT place without taking the front bumper off. I understand they're supposed to road test it in that case with some bit of kit in the car, but the guy usually just asks 'did you drive it here?' .. 'yes' .. 'well, the brakes must work then!'

Only annoyance is the handbrake is next to useless, but once you've mastered the 'heel-toe' hill start it's not a huge problem. Just have to leave it in gear when I park it just in case!

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bob C

posted on 9/7/08 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone
yes peugeot were last resort ;^) but brakes international had the stuff
cheers
Bob

Cheffy

posted on 9/7/08 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Don't know whether it's too late but I bought this caliper repair kit recently off ebay for £19.99:-

Link

For £2.75 each they also do the slider pins if you need 'em.

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.