Board logo

Wolverhampton
alan wheeldon - 23/10/06 at 04:52 PM

Is any one building or built cars around Wolverhampton??

Ive just moved here and wouldn't mind meeting up with a few peeps one evening for a chat, drive or a pint??

I need to make some new friends

jos - 23/10/06 at 05:22 PM

I work in Wolverhanmpton and live in Telford, Shropshire.

I'd love to meet up sometime and chew the cud

alan wheeldon - 23/10/06 at 05:28 PM

Well i work in Telford but live in Wolverhampton! lol

Russ-Turner - 23/10/06 at 06:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alan wheeldon
Is any one building around Wolverhampton??

Ive just moved here

Tough break mate!

(used to have the pleasure myself)

dave-69isit - 23/10/06 at 07:14 PM

im just outside cannock thers a meeting on the first monday off month south birmingham contact jag or thers the shropshire meet see ox both put reminders in the shows and meets

Bouldy - 23/10/06 at 08:10 PM

Yup i live in Telford too but frequent Wolves in my Mk quite a lot as my parents live in Codsall

PAUL

alan wheeldon - 24/10/06 at 03:08 PM

I was thinking about sorting a meet out somewhere between Wolverhampton and Telford then. Would anyone be interested in this??

Once a month maybe on a saturday dinner time at a pub somewhere so we could have a chat and something to eat as well

I did think about in the evenings but its dark most of the time in the winter so I think a day meet would be better, you can also take your cars for a nice drive in the sun..... hopefully

Bouldy - 24/10/06 at 05:57 PM

Yeh sounds good to me obviously the weather is going to be un predictable at the mo but yeh im up for a blast.

where in Wolves are you??

Paul

alan wheeldon - 24/10/06 at 06:11 PM

I live north west of wolverhampton, just off the A460 (cannock road)

If we have a meet and its raining on the day consider it cancelled and dont turn up, thats the simplest solution??

I was thinking somewhere around Bridgnorth, that way we could have a nice drive out there?
Its not too far from Telford and Wolverhampton and its about half way for all of us?

[Edited on 24/10/06 by alan wheeldon]

Bouldy - 24/10/06 at 06:30 PM

Yeh ironbridge is good too . i do a lot of driving over there .

ok then lets hope the weather is kind one sat or sunday so we can arrange somthing

Moorron - 27/10/06 at 11:02 AM

sounds good to me too, proplems i saw were on sundays the meets always coincided with the moto GP and F1 so i was torn between them.

If on a sat its better for me.

If its for wolves/telford/cannock i would say a pub around the codsall area or A41/A5. But ironbridge is better for me as its closer and i know nearly all the pubs in the area

Where do u work in telford?

alan wheeldon - 28/10/06 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MoorronWhere do u work in telford?

Well...... its a big list.... newport, donnington, wellington, oakengates, shifnal, stirchley, ironbridge, broseley, bridgnorth......... the list goes on

Ive found a nice pub called "The Boycott Arms" theres a big car park, serve food, bit of a beer gargen etc.... oh and the roads around it are really nice Ill have a look on my map to see what the raod names are where it is and post it up later

locoboy - 3/11/06 at 11:33 PM

Live in Telford now, just moved from high Ercall.

Originally from Bridgnorth.

Happy to meet wherever.

If you want a look at my part built car just give me the nod.

alan wheeldon - 7/11/06 at 04:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by locoboy
If you want a look at my part built car just give me the nod.

Id like to see it

That pub by the way is on the B4176. There is a roundabout on the A454 (Wolverhampton-Bridgnorth Road) then you want to take the A4176 for about 400 yards to Himley/Dudley, the pub is on the left hand side.

Is that a good location to those of you that would like to meet ocasionaly??

[Edited on 7/11/06 by alan wheeldon]