Board logo

Donington Show?
Guinness - 18/2/08 at 10:28 PM

To be run by the peeps who do Stoneleigh?

Stolen from Totalkitcar:

"BREAKING NEWS....Monday, February 18 1600hrs…

We’ve just received a press release from Stoneleigh show organisers, Grosvenor Exhibitions, which reads as follows:

Grosvenor Exhibitions, organisers of the world's largest kit car show, Stoneleigh, have confirmed that the Donington Kit & Performance Car show will go ahead in 2008. With years of experience in organising kit car shows, Roger Cooling has decided to add the show to their already busy schedule of 20 other exhibitions this year, and proceed with organising the show on its established dates of Saturday 13 & 14 September 2008. Cooling has confirmed that the venue is booked and says: "It would be a shame to lose such as important event in the kit car calendar." For more information on this one call Grosvenor on 01775 712 100..."

I hope they resurrect the track day!

Mike

mistergrumpy - 18/2/08 at 10:35 PM

Cool. I've never been when they've had he track day but last years wasn't too bad. Made better by the owners cars parked up but the price was too much and to charge a re entry fee for people who camped overnight was a bit of a swizz.

ASH3 - 18/2/08 at 10:37 PM

That clashes with Stafford, no track use then they may aswell forget it

smart51 - 18/2/08 at 10:39 PM

What, so Limelight are holding a track day at Donnington but a show at Stafford and on the same weekend, Grosvenor are holding a show at Donnington?

Which show are the exhibitors going to?

bob - 18/2/08 at 10:41 PM

I'm pleased that someone who can actually organise a show has taken this on, i hope roger does well with this and the donington date in september continues.

I'm sure plenty of traders wil be happy about this

paulf - 18/2/08 at 10:48 PM

It may be ok, but last years effort was poor compared to previous years, was only saved by a pleasant evening spent with the Robin Hood owners club and there hog roast.
With the extra shows at Peterborough,Bruntingthorpe and Stafford there may be to many shows although I am looking forward to getting to them all if possible.
Paul.

RazMan - 18/2/08 at 11:58 PM

Somehow I don't think it will be a patch on Detling. Last year's effort was a complete waste of time for most of the exhibitors - very poor turnout.

tegwin - 19/2/08 at 09:38 AM

Is it actually going to be any better than last years pathetic atempt?

Was quite disgusted really.....

graememk - 19/2/08 at 09:54 AM

i wont be going unless i get free tickets, i thought last year was a waste of fuel driving there.

Browser - 19/2/08 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by paulf
It may be ok, but last years effort was poor compared to previous years, was only saved by a pleasant evening spent with the Robin Hood owners club and there hog roast.
With the extra shows at Peterborough,Bruntingthorpe and Stafford there may be to many shows although I am looking forward to getting to them all if possible.
Paul.

Is someone resurrecting the Peterborough Kit Car show then? Please tell me more!

G3OFF - 19/2/08 at 11:32 AM

when is stafford?

jollygreengiant - 19/2/08 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by G3OFF
when is stafford?

Follow link to ALL show dates

Linky

[Edited on 19/2/08 by jollygreengiant]

jollygreengiant - 19/2/08 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Browser

Is someone resurrecting the Peterborough Kit Car show then? Please tell me more!

Follow link in previous posting.

Also please keep up at the back these events were discussed I think back in November(ish).