Board logo

msa logbook for two mk indy-rr's
danny keenan - 6/4/11 at 08:21 PM

just had an msa offical out to give us a log book for two of our cars.

all ways fine and the logbook will be in the post next week.

one is for mine and the other is for ajw

cheers danny

DRC INDY 7 - 6/4/11 at 08:26 PM

Nice one that should silence the criticism and the idiots on here

[Edited on 4/6/2011 by DRC INDY 7]

Stuart_B - 6/4/11 at 08:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DRC INDY 7
Nice one that should silence the criticism and the idiots on here

[Edited on 4/6/2011 by DRC INDY 7]

good

norfolkluego - 6/4/11 at 08:33 PM

How difficult was it to get a scrutineer out to look at, I'm thinking of pulling mine out of road going, sick and tired of shoving money down the governments throat (tax, MOT and insurance IPT) just to stay in roadgoing, costing me the best part of £400 a year for a car that is only used on track

[Edited on 6/4/11 by norfolkluego]

austin man - 6/4/11 at 08:34 PM

wheres the lawyer now then ooooooh.

Whose gonna be man enough to eat a bit of humble pie and man up with an "oh I'm so sorry for speaking out when I should of kept me gob shut "

well done Danny and as DRC Indy says should now silence the critics

norfolkluego - 6/4/11 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by austin man

Whose gonna be man enough to eat a bit of humble pie and man up with an "oh I'm so sorry for speaking out when I should of kept me gob shut "

I've obviously missed something, thread link?

austin man - 6/4/11 at 08:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by norfolkluego
quote:

I've obviously missed something, thread link?

Its a long story mate, but hopefully people will get back to trying to help rather than hinder now the cars have received the OK for racing

LBMEFM - 6/4/11 at 08:54 PM

Well done Danny and well done for the recent good race results. Barry

lewis - 6/4/11 at 09:06 PM

Nice one great news.

loggyboy - 6/4/11 at 09:35 PM

Its not what you know

noc231073 - 6/4/11 at 09:51 PM

Still doesn't do anything about their total lack of any after sale service..
Which is the reason the thread was started in the first place..

austin man - 6/4/11 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by noc231073
Still doesn't do anything about their total lack of any after sale service..
Which is the reason the thread was started in the first place..

dont realy think that was how the thread was started the thread started off really positively, I think if I recal it was hijacked by a few people with a view to damaging MKs reputation by stating their product was not fit for purpose, which in turn caused yourself to believe you had purchased a lemon which you wouldnt be able to race.

Obviously there a things that your not happy with about your service with MK which you would possibly be better off resolving with them or trading standards if you believe you have been sold short. Airing grievances online surely would only seek to drive a further rift in any relationship. It would definitely get my back up if i where a businessand possibly affect how I would respond.

We have to remember attitude works bothe way's I just hope you are able to resolve the issue or issues you have with them personally. They MK wont want the negative press a handfull of people are giving ( most not even MK owners Ironic that one ) and Im sure you just want to finish and start enjoying your car By the way looks smart from your pics. Hope you can resolve this offline with MK

A1 - 6/4/11 at 11:37 PM

mk have a great after sales service, been buying stuff from them for years and have no problems with them, theyre always friendly and helpful

slingshot2000 - 6/4/11 at 11:47 PM

But their double sockets have always been expensive,

even if you buy them by the 100!

Regards
Jon

Edit for stupid spelling mistake, doh !

[Edited on 6/4/11 by slingshot2000]

welderman - 7/4/11 at 08:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by slingshot2000
But their double sockets have always been expensive,

even if you buy them by the 100!

Regards
Jon

Edit for stupid spelling mistake, doh !

[Edited on 6/4/11 by slingshot2000]

i get it lol

welderman - 7/4/11 at 08:24 AM

I've not had my MK since 2008 after i built it in 2007 and then sold it, i always found them very helpful, even sending bits out to me that were not included in the package i bought.

In that time they have move premises and still found time to talk and help me out.

When i built the R1 rear engined mini 2008, they were on the end of the phone if i had any problems even though it had nothing to do with them.

Then whilst building the R1 engined Fisher Fury 2008 there electrical genius (Steve) was always on the end of the phone, stupid me at electrikery.

I cant say ive had any bad dealings with them either.

Sorry about the thread hijack and good luck to Danny in his racing

deezee - 7/4/11 at 08:42 AM

Dear God, I was going to read that post, but its so poorly written my vision went blurry about 5 lines in. Punctuation is your friend. Your might have made a brilliant point, but I'll never know.

Edit: This hardly applies now as the post has been deleted.

[Edited on 7/4/11 by deezee]

nick205 - 7/4/11 at 11:30 AM

I notice this thread refers to the Indy RR - assume this is a suped up version of the Indy R?

I'm aware of the differences between the original Indy and the newer Indy R, but what does the RR add to the package or how does it differ from the plain R?

scootz - 7/4/11 at 12:16 PM

Just what I was about to ask... what's an RR!?

welderman - 7/4/11 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deezee
Dear God, I was going to read that post, but its so poorly written my vision went blurry about 5 lines in. Punctuation is your friend. Your might have made a brilliant point, but I'll never know.

eh it looks ok to me !

mads - 7/4/11 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
I notice this thread refers to the Indy RR - assume this is a suped up version of the Indy R?

I'm aware of the differences between the original Indy and the newer Indy R, but what does the RR add to the package or how does it differ from the plain R?

as far as i understand, the RR has rose-joints on the suspension to allow better setup where has the Indy R is not fully rose-jointed.

graememk - 7/4/11 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deezee

But this is a kit car forum, not a english forum.

carpmart - 7/4/11 at 02:52 PM

I for one wish this whole subject would die a quick death!!!!!!

BORED!!!!!

loggyboy - 7/4/11 at 04:15 PM

Sure even after logbooking, a car still needs to meet the current standards at each event?

scootz - 7/4/11 at 07:18 PM

WHAT'S AN RR???

Richard Quinn - 7/4/11 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
WHAT'S AN RR???

It's an Indy especially for pirates!

scootz - 7/4/11 at 07:37 PM

DRC INDY 7 - 7/4/11 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Sure even after logbooking, a car still needs to meet the current standards at each event?

bit of a silly question that............... they have the logbook to prove its to spec then gets check by the scrutineers same as everybody else

time to put this to bed and eat that humble pie because non of you are man enough to admit you were wrong

Neville Jones - 7/4/11 at 07:39 PM

Technical Specifications
1.3.1. Main, Front and Lateral Rollbars. These frames
or hoops must be made in one piece without joints.
Their construction must be smooth and even, without
ripples or cracks. The vertical part of the main rollbar
must be as straight as possible and as close as
possible to the interior contour of the bodyshell. The
front leg of a front rollbar or a lateral rollbar must be
straight, or if it is not possible, must follow the
windscreen pillars and have only one bend with its
lower vertical part.

That quote above is direct from the Blue Book online.

I really would like to know how the MK cage passes and satisfies this part of the regs. I really do. Please tell me. There is no way on this earth that the guys at MIRA, who do the MSA certification testing, would let that go.

Who do I have to bribe/sweet talk to get another alternative cage passed, instead of spending £1,200 /cage to get them certified?

Cheers,
Nev.

scootz - 7/4/11 at 07:46 PM

I suspect that the 'RR' has a different roll-cage then!?

Neville Jones - 7/4/11 at 07:57 PM

quote:
I suspect that the 'RR' has a different roll-cage then!?

I would certainly hope so!

DRC INDY 7 - 7/4/11 at 08:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Neville Jones
Technical Specifications
lower vertical part.

I really would like to know how the MK cage passes and satisfies this part of the regs. I really do. Please tell me. There is no way on this earth that the guys at MIRA, who do the MSA certification testing, would let that go.

Who do I have to bribe/sweet talk to get another alternative cage passed, instead of spending £1,200 /cage to get them certified?

Cheers,
Nev.

Does not really matter what you think.......... the race car of dannys and the duratec one have msa logbooks the powers that be have decided that they are fit for purpose end of stop trying to make something out of nothing and move on

welderman - 7/4/11 at 08:08 PM

quote:
WHAT'S AN RR???

Its close i suppose

[img] RR
RR
[/img]

[Edited on 7/4/11 by welderman]

Ben_Copeland - 7/4/11 at 08:15 PM

Cage looks the same to me... Photos say its the MK Indy Busa RR

Description
Description

austin man - 7/4/11 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Technical Specifications
lower vertical part.

Cheers,
Nev.

I dont believe you have to bribe sweet talk anyone, appears you paid a lot when you bought your cage and to infer bribery I think is very close to the bone. Obviously Mk when they designed their cage designed it around the regulations your supplier obviously interpreted the regs and spec differently.

Dont hold it against MK for your financial blunder

norfolkluego - 7/4/11 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Technical Specifications
lower vertical part.

Cheers,
Nev.

Rather than argue the point on here (and none of us can settle it) why don't you contact an MSA scrute and ask them (they're all in the Blue Book since you quote it) as they obviously think it's compliant

[Edited on 7/4/11 by norfolkluego]

austin man - 7/4/11 at 09:44 PM

its already settled, the MK raced at Mallory in the allcomers and went through the scrutineering, two have been inspected and have passed and awaiting their books.

Its just sour grapes I think I wouldnt mind it would appear the person who is constantly bringing MK threads into negative ones doesn't even own on never has and doesnt even drive one. Probably been beaten by too many MK's on the track.

Hopefully this will put an end to it all now

carpmart - 7/4/11 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Hopefully this will put an end to it all now

I wish it bloody would

ajw - 7/4/11 at 10:25 PM

Hi guys great news to hear my new car is MSA logged. Its on its way to Cadwell on tuesday to test and set up. No matter what anyone says the MK guys have been always extremely helpful and I have been emailed and called by phone for any decisions. The brief was for a car for hillclimbs and sprints using a 2 L steel duratec with a dog gearbox from Quaife ( think I will fit sequential in the future with flat shift). My real choice in engine would be 2.5 millington ( odd one comes up for sale ex rally car in Ireland ).

Thanks Danny and MK again and its up to me to prove the cars performance !

AJW

austin man - 7/4/11 at 10:34 PM

what time are you testing is it a day session

ajw - 7/4/11 at 10:40 PM

Austin man

Hope to be there early tuesday morning. I am taking a few days hols in UK. Send a message to NOC and get some pics of his car its superb ( he is military aircraft engineer by training ! )
AJW

austin man - 7/4/11 at 10:58 PM

Im Just up from MK so have seen your car wish I could get out to cadwell to watch, but will be at work gutted. Hope all goes well take it easy Cadwell can be unforgiving. Are you staying local to MK

Neville Jones - 8/4/11 at 08:36 AM

[quote
Rather than argue the point on here (and none of us can settle it) why don't you contact an MSA scrute and ask them (they're all in the Blue Book since you quote it) as they obviously think it's compliant

I've done just that, previously, two different guys. They are as puzzled as I am. Though, to be fair to them, they operate at a different level to 750mc . Their only comment was that a blind eye was being turned to 'mother' club racers. The only other comment was that this highlights what is acceptable to MSA, and not to FIA.

However you look at it, the double bend is just plain poor design, from an engineering perspective, and more difficult to produce. So why do it?

As for being anti MK. I'm not. The other M**'s are no different, one in particular has produced some appalling work. As long as people think correcting this bad work as part of 'kit car' building is acceptable, then it will persist.

Cheers,
Nev.

austin man - 8/4/11 at 08:24 PM

surely its their choice to produce the double bend it meets the requirements so is good its also been tested in a violent roll. I cant see why you continue to appear to have such a bad opinion of MK and also seem insistent and intent on stopping them

1 Selling their cages
2 racing
3 and trying to have their cage banned

From an ousiders point of view I can only assume that you or someone you are associated with is out to make a comercial gain.

Wicksim - 8/4/11 at 09:17 PM

Can't believe this one is still running, been away for a few days and thought it may have been sorted by now. The guys are building my car at the moment for some road going fun this summer. The MK guys are always busy which must mean their product is successful. Only had dealings with Danny and Baz both of which are very helpful. I'm very happy with the progress of the car so far, just can't wait to take it for a spin. These warm sunning days make me even more impatient.

austin man - 8/4/11 at 09:53 PM

what are you having built the indy or the indy r and what motor, Ive never had any problems with them either

Wicksim - 8/4/11 at 10:01 PM

I went up last Saturday to to see the progress of my Indy R, White with a Hayabusa engine, half cage, paddle shift, slip diff, and flat shifter.

The wait is killing me now, they just have the electrics and dash to finish while they wait for IVA. Poor Danny, I must be the most impatient bloke he's ever met.

Will try and stick some pics on here.

austin man - 8/4/11 at 10:13 PM

probably seen it when Ive popped in, as you say they are always busy may pop down tommorow to see the guys

Wicksim - 8/4/11 at 10:19 PM

ah just sussed out how to get the image hope this works.

Image deleted by owner

austin man - 8/4/11 at 10:24 PM

looking good

Wicksim - 8/4/11 at 10:33 PM

Very pleased with what they have produced for me. First time i've ever done something like this, very excited and all very new so glad of the guidance from Danny and Baz. Wish I could just pop round there just like that, its a 7 hour round trip for me.

DRC INDY 7 - 9/4/11 at 05:56 AM

I saw that one when I popped in this week to get my grill it's very nice in fact there was a few builds going off plus chassis being made the Mk lads are very busy

daniel mason - 9/4/11 at 07:18 AM

i also cant believe this thread is still on-going. the only point i have on this subject is that even though i dont own an mk, as i have an mnr. i call steve for advice and he always spends time helping me with the bits i am struggling with.they are always willing to help.