Board logo

clutch and accelerator cable
Richard.D - 21/10/08 at 08:48 PM

Hi guys,

Just completing an installation of the fireblade engine in my MK. What have you all used for clutch and acc. cables? Have you used std bike ones? Are they long enough? Where did you buy them from?
Thanks.

Mark G - 21/10/08 at 09:32 PM

I've got a couple of universal cables from ebay, I think I paid around £11 or £12 each for them. I thinik they may be by Venhill.

I haven't fitted them yet so can't say if they'll be perfect but so far they seem to be ok.

Mark G - 21/10/08 at 09:35 PM

Throttle cable

Clutch cable

YQUSTA - 21/10/08 at 10:26 PM

My clutch cable is huge 6-8mm and was fitted when i got the car so dont know where its from.

My throttle cable was replaced the other month and I got a kit from Hein Gericke and was only a few pounds.

It came with all the bits you will need and is plenty long enough.

YQUSTA

Richard.D - 22/10/08 at 07:23 AM

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the links.

tomblyth - 22/10/08 at 08:33 AM

if you need cables try hein gerick the bike shop (it universal clutch cable is 2.5mm (same as some hanbrake cables) the outside sleeve is easy it trim to size ( grind it to keep clean end). there about £3 each

Dangle_kt - 22/10/08 at 04:03 PM

I got my cables from MK, they sell the proper clutch cables. Becuase its done with your foot the cable gets a hammering, and you will read of many a snapped clutch cable.

Much better to buy the proper thing.

Not such a big deal with the accelerator cable, but as I was on to them i got them both from them.