Board logo

Can I drive my car to a prebooked RR session?
Jasper - 28/4/09 at 12:25 PM

Failed on emissions at SVA. Am I right in saying I can drive the car to a pre-booked appointment to get the ECU tweeked? Just wanted to make completely sure - it's only a 15 min drive but will save me all the hassle of borrowing a trailer again.

[Edited on 28/4/09 by Jasper]

coozer - 28/4/09 at 12:26 PM

No, only prebooked ride allowed is SVA.

Davey D - 28/4/09 at 12:34 PM

im sure i read on the back of my fail sheet that you can drive it to pre-arranged garages to remedy any fail points from your sva ?

so as long as your insured, its just like driving to your SVA

blakep82 - 28/4/09 at 12:38 PM

i'd phone vosa and check. i'd doubt you can drive to a RR, but i don't know

Jasper - 28/4/09 at 01:11 PM

Knew I'd read it somewhere, I'll check the back of my fail sheet and keep it in the car with me with my insurance.

Mr Whippy - 28/4/09 at 01:21 PM

thats cool

twybrow - 28/4/09 at 01:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer

Not true Coozer. the letter I have from VOSA says you can drive to/from SVA, plus to/from any pre-booked appointment at any place for work to be carried out to enable the failure points to be sorted..... I drove mine 50 miles yesterday

coozer - 28/4/09 at 01:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

Not true Coozer. the letter I have from VOSA says you can drive to/from SVA, plus to/from any pre-booked appointment at any place for work to be carried out to enable the failure points to be sorted..... I drove mine 50 miles yesterday

Sorry, didn't have a fail sheet but did ask if i could drive it BEFORE sva for a booked health check and they said NO, only SVA allowed.

Apologies for the mis-information.

Steve

Jasper - 28/4/09 at 02:18 PM

Apology accepted Here's hoping the sun stays out tomorrow ....

bimbleuk - 28/4/09 at 02:29 PM

If the garage can do MOTs then just arrange that with them as I was stopped by the police with no plates or road tax on my way to an MOT. They had a good look but I wasn't doing anything wrong so they let me carry on.

Dangle_kt - 28/4/09 at 03:03 PM

I got lots of pages to scan... Rescued attachment 101_2238.JPG
Rescued attachment 101_2238.JPG

twybrow - 28/4/09 at 03:37 PM

It also says something along those lines on the bottom of the SVA appointment letter....

Jasper - 1/5/09 at 10:42 AM

Well, had a fantastic drive over there, in the sunshine with the dump valve going 'wooosh' !!

Found out why it fail on emissions even though it was set up properly, I didn't give the ECU and permanent live as well as a switch live, so it lost all the settings once switched off. Set it up again and now CO is less than 0.1 so should sail through next week.