Board logo

reflectors
macspeedy - 6/9/04 at 07:54 PM

does anyone see a problem with fitting the reflectors to here? it is within the distances.. Rescued attachment Reflector location.jpg
Rescued attachment Reflector location.jpg

tractorboy - 6/9/04 at 08:52 PM

just an observation but dont reflectors have to be mounted on the rearmost surface so other motorists can see where the back of your pride and joy is in the dark? (not based on any fact just an observation)

Northy - 6/9/04 at 08:59 PM

I don't think you'll get away with that. There's something about a 15 degree limit from the floor or something. I think the rear panel would obscure them in that case.

Sorry.

Hellfire - 6/9/04 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tractorboy
just an observation but dont reflectors have to be mounted on the rearmost surface so other motorists can see where the back of your pride and joy is in the dark? (not based on any fact just an observation)

IMHO I agree - besides, you know it makes sense.

Very nice looking motor Mac!!!

stephen_gusterson - 6/9/04 at 09:41 PM

they look like they will be pretty well shadowed by the rear bodywork - Im wondering why you think they should go there?

atb

steve

Peteff - 6/9/04 at 11:22 PM

If you get some rear lights with them incorporated you won't need seperate ones. Not much clearance on the rear arches I notice.

macspeedy - 7/9/04 at 06:27 AM

problem is there is no room due to the lights Rescued attachment P6200006.JPG
Rescued attachment P6200006.JPG

Peteff - 7/9/04 at 09:57 AM

Get a pair of the little oblong ones and stick them to the rear panel under the reverse light, then unstick them after.

mad4x4 - 7/9/04 at 11:18 AM

what about a set of retangluar ones mounted under the rear lights on the wings

j_davis - 7/9/04 at 07:03 PM

Have a look at the reflector on a mitsubishi L200, they are round with a curved base so could go on the edge of the rear tub between the fog/reversing light and the lights on the wing.

James.