Board logo

New V5C and permanent export?
Alez - 21/4/08 at 07:57 PM

Hi All,

A mate of mine has just bought a second hand car (a nice 2L Vauxhall / SBD Westfiled btw), it's currently registered in the UK but now it will be exported to Spain. Hence the seller has to declare it permanently exported. As far as I knew, the procedure to declare that is by using a specific section of the V5C. However, the DVLA has advised my mate that this is no longer the way of doing it. Apparently, the seller now needs a V561 / Certificate of Permanent Export.

I've had a look at the downloadable forms available here:
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/forms/onlineforms.aspx
There's one called V756 / Application for Certificate of Permanent Export, and there it says that's the one to use in order to apply for a V561 which is good; however, it says clearly that you should not go that way if you have the V5 / V5C for your car and especifically advises you to use the V5 section instead.

If you have recently registered a car, it would be great if you could tell me how a new V5C looks like, i.e. if it still has the Permanent Export section or actually it's gone.

Also any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

wicket - 21/4/08 at 08:13 PM

V5C does indeed have a permanent export part, section 11 on page 3, see also note on page 4 attached. Rescued attachment V5C_page4.jpg
Rescued attachment V5C_page4.jpg

Paul TigerB6 - 21/4/08 at 08:31 PM

Since when did the DVLA ever know what they are talking about?? .

Go for the relevant section of the V5 and send it off.

Dangle_kt - 21/4/08 at 08:41 PM

maybe it's for tax / import reasons at the other end??

Alez - 22/4/08 at 08:21 AM

Wow guys, thank you very much.

Dangle, not for Spanish tax as that comes when (and if) you register the car in Spain for its use on the road (reg fees, road tax and so on).

Plus also, prior to that, you need to go through the Spanish SVA process (more money) since the different EU countries have different SVA rules and won't accept other countries' SVAs. But that's another story.

Cheers,

Alex