Board logo

Grinning from ear to ear
wrigglypig - 8/9/09 at 08:26 PM

Had a great day at Boggs today, Dave is a genius. My car is nt a 7 type you will see it in my photos. It is very high geared partly due to it having 15inch rims and full profile tyres.
I postred up the other day the issues with the zzr1100 carbs and the fuel pump. Despite all this after 3 and a half hours there it now goes like a stabbed rat, 125bhp at the wheels 5250rpm £80.00 all in. The scary bit was he took it upto 125mph , not strapped down and only a wedge under the front wheels Brilliant fun.

Kev

stevebubs - 8/9/09 at 08:59 PM

Glad you're happy with the results but

not strapped down and only a wedge under the front wheels

If someone had tried that with my car, I'd have been furious....

[Edited on 8/9/09 by stevebubs]

RichardK - 8/9/09 at 09:00 PM

Thats great Kev

Nice, so what did he have to do? Did he have you sat on the back keeping it down

Tis a great place though isn't it, going to work in the bruise tomorrow.

See ya

Rich

wrigglypig - 8/9/09 at 09:04 PM

the tie down hooks were the , complacency is the cause of a lot off accidents I know, but as for the rest of it ... faultless. I was more worried about it going off bang rather than anything else, its a scary old thing to watch, but great fun

coozer - 8/9/09 at 09:08 PM

Yep, Dave is a genius. I'll be going back soon to sort my 200bhp

paul the 6th - 8/9/09 at 10:43 PM

Any chance you'll be taking it to York raceway for the end of season RWYB drag strip? Surely we can sort a roll bar in time :p glad ya got it sorted buddy

All bits arrived from burton power today btw

james h - 9/9/09 at 12:50 AM

Was there on Friday - such an awesome place and great fellas! I didn't get a dyno readout as Dave was a bit worried about it jumping off the rollers