Board logo

Ride in BEC
focijohn - 26/4/08 at 06:09 PM

Hi guys,
Anybody going to Stoneleigh that thinks they could convert me to buying and installing a bike engine in to my future kit instead of building CEC?
Petrol / beer tokens waiting ill be there sunday and monday!!

Cheers

John

[Edited on 26/4/08 by focijohn]

welderman - 26/4/08 at 06:17 PM

bet the worX (steve)would, he is at work at the mo though.

tegwin - 26/4/08 at 06:19 PM

Im sure there will be a queu of groveling applicants for a ride in a BEC

focijohn - 26/4/08 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Im sure there will be a queu of groveling applicants for a ride in a BEC

Just need to get on and build yours

Dragon-Performance-Eu - 26/4/08 at 06:49 PM

That ( a request for a ride in a bike engined car) can be a double edged sword, as when I was selling
(my so called badly built car that was sold withing a week of advertising)

I had the thing all but sold (only awaiting the money to change hands) and the buyer requested a test drive, This I refused until money had changed hands but offered the buyer a test ride, he eagerly accepted.

I thought I easing him in gently by short shifting, within 300 meters of my house I was being prodded, I looked over to a crash helmet fill with eyes the size of oranges !!!! the guy wildly pointing towards my house.

I took him back and as he got out of the car he was physically shaking and thanked me for showing him zero to death in three seconds and that he could not buy me car as he would kill himself !!!!!!

It was not all a loss though his wife brought me a bottle of single malt whiskey thanking me the next day for scaring him off kit cars thus she felt I had helped save his life.

So be careful about what you wish for.

Coose - 26/4/08 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dragon-Performance-Eu
That ( a request for a ride in a bike engined car) can be a double edged sword, as when I was selling
(my so called badly built car that was sold withing a week of advertising)

I had the thing all but sold (only awaiting the money to change hands) and the buyer requested a test drive, This I refused until money had changed hands but offered the buyer a test ride, he eagerly accepted.

I thought I easing him in gently by short shifting, within 300 meters of my house I was being prodded, I looked over to a crash helmet fill with eyes the size of oranges !!!! the guy wildly pointing towards my house.

I took him back and as he got out of the car he was physically shaking and thanked me for showing him zero to death in three seconds and that he could not buy me car as he would kill himself !!!!!!

It was not all a loss though his wife brought me a bottle of single malt whiskey thanking me the next day for scaring him off kit cars thus she felt I had helped save his life.

So be careful about what you wish for.

What a fanny.....

focijohn - 26/4/08 at 07:34 PM

ill try anything once me
plus im never going to know if i never ride in one

worX - 27/4/08 at 05:14 AM

Come and find me mate, I'll be more than happy to take you for a quick spin!!!

Steve

focijohn - 3/5/08 at 08:51 PM

cheers mate ill see if i cant find u. Sorry for the late reply