Board logo

Aries Windscreen
001Ben - 21/5/12 at 08:01 PM

I am thinking of changing the wind deflector on the aries to a full windscreen, does anyone on here make them or know anyone that does? I know the caterham windscreen fits but dont fancy the £500 price tag that goes with it.

[Edited on 21/5/12 by 001Ben]

mangogrooveworkshop - 21/5/12 at 08:11 PM

just advertise on blah chat theres plent cat screens 2nd hand

Im a little bit pre occupied with a d1v0rc3 to be doing screens in any quantity.

I have had to make some custom frames of late and it chews time up that I don't have.

001Ben - 21/5/12 at 09:31 PM

Thanks.

What's blah chat?

BenB - 21/5/12 at 09:40 PM

Last time I checked with them Redline racing in Caterham had a few. Otherwise as said blatchat is your friend (though I think you have to be a "member" now to post). That's where I got mine from £90 IIRC. Admittidly I cracked the heated glass trying to put it on but a quick trip to Caterham spares and 80 notes for a plain one did the job.
I like the bit when the man said "you have to confirm that this is for a racing car as it doesn't have a heater element". Seeing as I was omitting to tell them that it wasn't actually for a Caterham I didn't feel too bad telling a little white lie about it being a racing car

RK - 22/5/12 at 01:33 AM

GBS had them at one time. I bought the frame from them, and had glass put in over here.

Ian Jones - 7/1/14 at 07:35 PM

bttt, any new leads on where to get one?

turnipfarmer - 8/1/14 at 02:20 PM

Seen this?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/4/viewthread.php?tid=186455