Board logo

Last drive of the year - I thank you
Slater - 1/10/09 at 09:39 AM

I had my last drive of the year yesterday, (tax ran out in Sept). Another good sunny day and still great fun to drive. I've done 1600 miles since getting it on the road in April. No major problems with the car, it's been very reliable. I changed a rear wheel bearing and I think I get carb icing on cold days (it only lasts about 1 minute), that's it.

Plans for the winter:
Quickrack
Sumpguard/skidplate
New boot box/ rear shelf
Clean out all the stones from the inside and mud from the rear arches.

Building and driving the car has been a hugely enjoyable experience. When I began to plan, I was a total novice but after discovering locostbuilders then Mark/Colin at MAC#1, somehow I have managed to build a great reliable car that goes like the clappers.

Thank you all for helping me to achive this!!!!

tegwin - 1/10/09 at 09:42 AM

Pfft... your going to miss all those crisp winter mornings!!!

Mr Whippy - 1/10/09 at 09:45 AM

nice one with any luck next year will be as dry as this ones been

nick205 - 1/10/09 at 09:53 AM

I've got till the end of Nov for tax and insurance

Sounds like you've achieved your goals in building and owning a kit car

paul the 6th - 1/10/09 at 10:07 AM

quote:

Sounds like you've achieved your goals in building and owning a kit car

.... now is probably a good time to take up watercolours or smoking a pipe maybe?

well done mate - I've been busy with work as usual but the missus has more or less settled into her new university routine so I should hopefully reclaim some free time in the evenings and at weekends all being well

mangogrooveworkshop - 1/10/09 at 10:38 AM

1600 miles .......you are not trying hard enough...lol we will make a point of inviting you on some of our tours. 500 miles was the last one.!!!!!!!
The first warm up trip is Stonleigh park weekend. Then the trip to rome. Four day tour of the highlands......two week road tour of sweden......mmmmm reverse tour of the highlands and over the top at the J o groats mmmmm
See ya next year

coozer - 1/10/09 at 12:04 PM

Why not keep it on the road all year round? Theres hardly any rain in this country. It hasn't rained here during the day for over 3 weeks!

neilj37 - 1/10/09 at 02:31 PM

i keep mine taxed all year round, never know when you might get a sunny day during the winter.