Board logo

new motor
Edsanutcase - 3/11/05 at 08:06 PM

Just brought a part built mac, Pinto fitted and running. just needs seats and petrol tank for the SVA. Want to to fitt an r1.

dhollin3 - 3/11/05 at 08:56 PM

Probs best to get it SVA'd first with the pinto engine. Change the engines after. (I think you can do this)

Danozeman - 3/11/05 at 09:39 PM

Yep get it sva'd a regd first then change the engine over.

donut - 4/11/05 at 07:34 AM

Yeah... then you can sell me the exhaust!!

DarrenW - 4/11/05 at 10:32 AM

i might have the old engine off you if it i sdecent. Ill be looking for one to rebuild so i can fit as a future winter project.

What spec is it?

Where did you get the car? I wasnt aware that there was a part built one for sale - that is quite a lucky find. Most owners wouldnt swap one for england. The owner must have fell on hard times.

jos - 4/11/05 at 12:29 PM

Tut tut Darren I'm telling your wife. Buying stuff without treasury permission, I dont know

DarrenW - 4/11/05 at 03:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jos
Tut tut Darren I'm telling your wife. Buying stuff without treasury permission, I dont know

DONT YOU F###########G DARE!!!!!!
If you do i hope you have a whiparound for my divorce. Ill use the cash from my hobby account does anyone else have a hobby account. Wife knows it exists but doesnt have access. i use it to clear cheques from trading donor bits etc - ie pocket money only.

jos - 4/11/05 at 04:44 PM

I'll keep schtum, dont worry darren.

Edsanutcase - 4/11/05 at 06:44 PM

I think I will convert it to bike engine before its SVA . Motor fitted is a standard 2lt pinto, (205 block) with short sump, type9
box, new prop, home made headers and
Custom Chrome intermediate pipe and silencer. plus other parts, all up for grabs.
I want to buy that Yamaha Fazer set up Athoirs has for sale.