Board logo

Oh dear!! the cricket
steve m - 25/11/10 at 06:32 AM

What a nightmare, ie had the radio on all night at work, and now home watching it
and its not been a good night !

MK9R - 25/11/10 at 07:57 AM

i stayed up to watch the start, not good!! got up this morning expecting to listen to it on radio 5 live, and although we had collapsed, i still wanted to listen, but the radio 5 ASHES breakfast show (starts at 6) doesn't have live coverage!!!! whats that all about???? I could not find it on the radio anywhere!!! Anyone know a station its on in the morning as i want to listen to it on the way to work tomorrow and monday.

FrankP - 25/11/10 at 08:49 AM

Hi, radio 4 long wave on on line via i player...

great commentary from TMC...

MK9R - 25/11/10 at 08:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FrankP
Hi, radio 4 long wave on on line via i player...

great commentary from TMC...

cheers, no LW on my car radio!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will have to stream it to BB!

Daddylonglegs - 25/11/10 at 10:19 AM

Sorry to be a non-patriot and all that, but you sound suprised we didn't do too well? Seems to me that winning at things like cricket, rugby and football for us is a thing of the past. Shame there wasn't more money available to nurture our youngsters. Doesn't help that it's all about dosh now instead of pride

BTW, cricket never really lit my candle but it would still be nice to see us do well sometimes

MK9R - 25/11/10 at 10:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
Sorry to be a non-patriot and all that, but you sound suprised we didn't do too well? Seems to me that winning at things like cricket, rugby and football for us is a thing of the past. Shame there wasn't more money available to nurture our youngsters. Doesn't help that it's all about dosh now instead of pride

BTW, cricket never really lit my candle but it would still be nice to see us do well sometimes

2010 World 20:20 champions and current holder of the Ashes?? Cricket is probably our most successful sport at the moment, hence we are/were favourite to win the Ashes. And other than golf (which i hate) is the best sport to watch in HD (i have to warrant the £10 a month somehow!!!!)

Daddylonglegs - 25/11/10 at 02:24 PM

Oh, fair enough. Like I said, it's not my bag so not exactly up on our progress in cricket. But good to see we are still doing something well then

eddie99 - 28/11/10 at 10:59 PM

So what does everyone reckon? Pretty good 4th day

MK9R - 29/11/10 at 09:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
So what does everyone reckon? Pretty good 4th day

bloody brilliant result after the first day!!! And a great confidence boost, hopefully kick their arse in the next test!!