speedyxjs - 4/8/07 at 01:04 PM

Why? What was the point?
What a F***ING IDIOT!
Sorry but that was well out of order

[Edited on 4-8-07 by speedyxjs]

COREdevelopments - 4/8/07 at 01:05 PM

why what he do?

omega 24 v6 - 4/8/07 at 01:06 PM

Time for Ron Dennis to blow a gasket BIG TIME by the looks of it.

stevec - 4/8/07 at 01:07 PM

What a prat.

Aboardman - 4/8/07 at 01:07 PM

came in for final pit stop, told to go, never went, lewis waiting behind, ment lewis could not complete a final fast left as did not have time to cross start line before time ran out.

Nick Skidmore - 4/8/07 at 01:09 PM

What's Spanish for P45??

JoelP - 4/8/07 at 01:12 PM

wouldnt be easy to time though, assuming it was on purpose. Certainly not a spur of the moment thing.

He had to ensure he crossed the line in time to get a good lap, but lewis, who would be only 10ish seconds behind, would be too late. Not easy.

COREdevelopments - 4/8/07 at 01:13 PM

ahhh just seen it. what a dirty bastard! that out of order! lewis looked mad!

speedyxjs - 4/8/07 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
wouldnt be easy to time though, assuming it was on purpose. Certainly not a spur of the moment thing.

Of course it was on purpose. did you see the look on rons face?

mookaloid - 4/8/07 at 01:23 PM

Ron should sack him then ask Button if he want's a proper job

locoR1 - 4/8/07 at 01:30 PM

Way out of order

I hope Lewis stuffs him into the first corner tomorrow and wins the race failing that Ron looked mad enough to hold Alonso at the first pit stop and let Lewis past!

omega 24 v6 - 4/8/07 at 01:30 PM

quote:

YOU MEAN AN ALL BRITISH RACING TEAM.
What a great idea although sponsors might not agree. I wonder if Ron's cuffed Alonso's ear yet

Mmmm just thinking why did ron grab alonso's trainer. He had earpice and mic and may have been instrumental in the deed.

[Edited on 4/8/07 by omega 24 v6]

russbost - 4/8/07 at 01:49 PM

"Ron should sack him then ask Button if he want's a proper job"

Thirded!!

speedyxjs - 4/8/07 at 01:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
quote:

YOU MEAN AN ALL BRITISH RACING TEAM.
What a great idea although sponsors might not agree. I wonder if Ron's cuffed Alonso's ear yet

Mmmm just thinking why did ron grab alonso's trainer. He had earpice and mic and may have been instrumental in the deed.

[Edited on 4/8/07 by omega 24 v6]

Would be good to have button in the same team as alonso. Do you think alonso's trainer could be the mastermind to this? When Ron grabbed him from the pit wall, alonso's trainer was smiling

bob - 4/8/07 at 01:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Skidmore
What's Spanish for P45??

My thoughts straight away, or take the keys off him for this race and chuck No 3 driver in from the back of the grid.

Problem is teams and team owners have to work around sponsors so it wont happen,would be nice to see though if RD grew some balls and did it.

alonso though would have looked pretty stupid if he had not beaten hamiltons pole sitting time,and even worst if a ferrari had pinch 2nd on grid.

As for button i'm not sure,he is very much like coulthard and brings money which doesnt allways make a champ.

britishtrident - 4/8/07 at 02:33 PM

If Alonso forgets he can't win without his his pit crew being 100% behind him.

I have to admire Hamilton for being so cool.

End of season will be P45 time I think -- I have never seen Ron Dennis show so much anger even when he was juggling Senna's oversized ego against Prost or Mansell.
Expect announcement that Hamilton is now McLaren's official no1 driver.

eccsmk - 4/8/07 at 02:41 PM

just found this

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2640494,00.html

i missed it today but i'll bet it will be worth watching the race tomorrow

[Edited on 4/8/07 by eccsmk]

R1 STRIKER - 4/8/07 at 03:25 PM

Pull his engine out and start him from the pits!!!

bob - 4/8/07 at 03:27 PM

Hve to agree lewis took this very well,and in the interview after alonso looked and sounded a bit shaky with lewis looking as usual very cool.

I belive alonso realises he has made a grave error and it will probably affect his race tomorow more than lewis hamiltons.

I love speed :-P - 4/8/07 at 03:38 PM

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61353

Petemate - 4/8/07 at 04:52 PM

Yeah - I too saw Ron's actions. First he tore his headset off, then he rather pointedly removed Alonso's trainer's headset, then he had his arm round the trainer's neck and - sort of - frog-marched him away. And when asked about it on the way back, he calmly (seemingly inwardly seething) said he would discuss it later. I wonder why he didn't lash out the second time he was asked - really, some people do push their luck....
Pete

Volvorsport - 4/8/07 at 06:35 PM

fair play to the guy , schumacher wouldnt have thought twice about it .

its all mind games .

jos - 4/8/07 at 06:42 PM

Alonso was a cheating tw@t for holding up lewis but it just goes to highlight a small fraction of the fovouritism lewis is receiving because of how he is, how close he is to the team manager & his lack of F1 experience.

Alonso is the WORLD CHAMPION and I say fair play to Alonso for doing what he did. How brialliant a mind to make sure he didnt cut off his nose to spite his face. I was also hoping that Hamilton wouldve also been clever enough to have baulked Alonsos flying lap. That way they'd have been as bad as each other and hopefully bang their heads together to eventually benefit the team.

russbost - 4/8/07 at 06:53 PM

"fair play to the guy , schumacher wouldnt have thought twice about it"

No, but the Schuii was a cheating git too, particularly when under pressure, this was totally unsportsmanlike & is now under investigation from the stewards who want to hear the radio between pits & driver, hope they start him from the back of the grid, cheats do not deserve to prosper!

Volvorsport - 4/8/07 at 06:57 PM

its not cheating - its playing the game - theres no rule to say you have to go when they lift the lollipop . its unsportsmanlike , but , to win you have to be ruthless , senna was like that too .

Blakey_boy - 4/8/07 at 07:00 PM

Schu cheated on I think at the Aussie GP some years ago to sink Damon Hill by ramming him from behind so, robbing him by 2 points of winning the F1 Drivers Championship. (Although I may be wrong on that subject I do recall something happening like that).

Alonso up to time wasting tactics would be nothing unusual given the circumstances the stupid petulant brat is in at present, after a younger and what seems to be a better driver in the same car taking over in the lead for F1 and getting podium finishes every time. The bloke is nothing but consistent so far.

Yes I know he is the current world champion but, when a driver comes along who is as good as him then and only then do a lot of european drivers tend to throw a paddy and chuck their toys out of their prams quicker than you can blink.

[Edited on 4/8/07 by Blakey_boy]

bob - 4/8/07 at 07:29 PM

A good point we might have all missed here is the fact that when alonso held hamilton up in the pit lane he was 2nd on the grid, the only benefit would be if alonso posted a faster time and he did.

I still think he was wrong though as he could have shot himself in the foot and could have been sharing row 1 with another team (ferrari/BMW), as it stands lewis will just do as he is told so alonso just has to point the car at the chequered flag.

Big gamble but it payed off as long as he wakes up in the morning.

Blakey_boy - 4/8/07 at 07:48 PM

And if Hammy wins on Sunday then will there be humble pie eaten and an apology for the tactics by Alonso??

I THINK NOT...........

skydivepaul - 4/8/07 at 08:02 PM

schumacher was a cheating git, but he did it against his rivals not his team mates.

I know technically hamilton is Alosno's rival but he is also his team mate. there will come a time when he will need Hamiltons help

bob - 4/8/07 at 08:34 PM

I was thinking (which can be dangerous) if lewis didnt make that attempt at another fast lap and coasted back into the pits does this mean he has at least another 2 laps in his tank.

I love speed :-P - 4/8/07 at 09:16 PM

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61368

bob - 4/8/07 at 09:49 PM

I would call the autosport press release ........... interesting

Petemate - 4/8/07 at 10:01 PM

Still smells to me - I think Ron is playing it down and confusing everyone with science. The body language on ALL those involved says it all. No amount of scientific explanation can detract from body language. I hope Lewis walks away with it.
Pete

Brooky - 4/8/07 at 10:19 PM

ITV news just said Alonso has been dropped 5 places by the race stewards.

craig1410 - 4/8/07 at 10:59 PM

Sorry to be the unsilent minority here but I don't think Alonso did anything on purpose to screw up Lewis's lap. It's possible that his engineer saw an "opportunity" but in my mind McLaren were cutting it pretty damned fine to get both drivers across the line before the chequered flag. Even with no delay from Alonso, Lewis would only have made it by 5 or 6 seconds and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been able to follow a normal out lap pace profile even at that. I think the story about Lewis being out of sequence may well be true and may well have been the cause of the whole debacle.

Ron's reaction may have been due to him not knowing all the facts at the moment he threw his headset off and he was professional enough not to speculate before talking to all involved.

I dare say we'll get more detail tomorrow but I'm going to give Alonso the benefit of the doubt in the meantime. He didn't look as sheepish as I believe he would have done if he had stitched Lewis up as has been suggested.

On last thing - my initial reaction when I saw the session today was that Alonso had held up Hamilton and I have to say I thought it was highly entertaining! It's about time the characters in F1 became a bit more 3 dimensional and a bit less boring. I loved the spat between Alonso and Massa too. I also recall the time when Senna punched Eddie Irvine in the gravel trap (oo er!) and when Michael Schu went after DC after he ran into the back of him in Belgium in the rain. We need more of this sort of stuff, not less!

Cheers,
Craig.

UncleFista - 4/8/07 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jos
How brilliant a mind to make sure he didnt cut off his nose to spite his face.

He wasn't quite as brilliant as he thought he was. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere, "My F1 driver has no nose. How does he smell ? Like a cheating loser etc..."

quote:
Originally posted by Volvorsport
theres no rule to say you have to go when they lift the lollipop .

Not specifically, but there are rules against impeding other drivers, it doesn't say impeding other drivers only on the track, I'm sure it'll apply in the pit lane too...

[Edited on 5/8/07 by UncleFista]

Petemate - 5/8/07 at 07:47 AM

I've just read the full Stewards' report. Deffo Alonso in the wrong. Anyone still supporting Alonso should read the report.
End of.
Pete

britishtrident - 5/8/07 at 08:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volvorsport
its not cheating - its playing the game - theres no rule to say you have to go when they lift the lollipop . its unsportsmanlike , but , to win you have to be ruthless , senna was like that too .

Fangio wasn't
Phil Hill wasn't
Jim, Clark wasn't
Graham Hill wasn't
Jackie Stewart wasn't
Mario Andretti wasn't
Ronnie Petterson wasn't
Fittipaldi wasn't
James Hunt wasn't
Nicki Lauda wasn't

the list goes on

britishtrident - 5/8/07 at 09:10 AM

How things have changed

Four decades back the all the F1 cars were transported out to the US grandprix at Watins Glen in a single 707 aircraft chartered by FOCA. This mean't that only 16 cars could be transported out --- 2 per team. This gave Lotus who had only one driver (Jim Clak) a spare car.

John Surtees Ferrari was damaged in transit and as the team didn't have a spare car and were waiting for spares Surtees ask Colin Chapman for the use of Jim Clark's spare car for the practice session, Chapman & Clark considered it but refused giving as a reason the unreliability of the BRM H16 engine.
Apparently Surtees wasn't to pleased but Jim Clark went on to win the only victoryfor a BRM H16 powered car in the spare car.

[Edited on 5/8/07 by britishtrident]

[Edited on 5/8/07 by britishtrident]

Rob Palin - 5/8/07 at 10:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Petemate
I've just read the full Stewards' report. Deffo Alonso in the wrong. Anyone still supporting Alonso should read the report.
End of.
Pete

Jeez, patronising much?

Did you not spot the bit at the start of the stewards report which stated that Hamilton was repeatedly asked by the team to let Alonso past but refused? His excuse was that Raikkonen was close but all the teams have real-time GPS monitoring of the traffic on the track so they'll have been very aware of that and the positions of everyone else too, putting them in a much better position than Hamilton to see the bigger picture. McLaren have many, many more years of experience than Hamilton in judging track strategies so he probably should have done as he was told. Hamilton chose to disobey repeated team instructions to the detriment of Alonso, who then retaliated, just in a much more conspicuous and cheap way.

They were both paying silly buggers, just as they have been all year with their intra-team power struggle.

"Middle of."

Petemate - 5/8/07 at 11:06 AM

Sorry - still doesn't excuse Alonso sitting there after the lollipop was raised.

Rob Palin - 5/8/07 at 01:58 PM

I wasn't suggesting that it excused Alonso's poor sportsmanship, i meant that neither of them behaved correctly. I'd much prefer to see them wheel to wheel on track than messing around with all this gamesmanship crap.

Petemate - 5/8/07 at 03:59 PM

Rob - I fully agree mate, petty behaviour within team, hasn't done the sport a lot of good.
Pete

tks - 5/8/07 at 04:53 PM

Yeah and you KNOW it was his fault.He violated the internal stragedy he needed to let pass Alonso and he didn't, they gave Alonso used tyres wich he asked explanation for also they said he waited for traffic pass....

well read this!:link

it sais everything..

ahh another thing alonso was pretty lucky he managed to enter his flying lap by 0,6Seconds sow that was deff not planned..

tks - 5/8/07 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Petemate
End of.
Pete

Where can we read that??

linky?

tks

Rob Palin - 5/8/07 at 05:48 PM

The news item has dropped off the main page but you can still read the Stewards' decision here:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61373

Blakey_boy - 6/8/07 at 11:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Blakey_boy
And if Hammy wins on Sunday then will there be humble pie eaten and an apology for the tactics by Alonso??

I THINK NOT...........

I have just got up after working 16 hours yesterday and missing the race and result. Any further comments from my last one????

cossey - 6/8/07 at 05:19 PM

after the race everyone was a bit quiet. Hammy had had enough time to calm down and had realised by then the disobeying team orders and swearing at the boss wasnt a good idea and he was in for a rough time when they got back to woking.

I think both drivers are going to get a probably well deserved b*llocking over this.