Board logo

Team orders!
matnrach - 19/10/08 at 08:58 AM

Kimi just admitted he let Massa through.

If that was Mclaren they would have been excluded or at least all the constructers points taken away.

If there is no enquiry then it is another example of total and utter bias from the FIA!

Richard Quinn - 19/10/08 at 09:00 AM

It is not team orders if the driver decides to do it himself.

matnrach - 19/10/08 at 09:02 AM

I still think if it was Mclaren it would be different

theconrodkid - 19/10/08 at 09:05 AM

when interviewed kimi said he wasnt interested in letting massa through,you dont think he did it off his own back do you?
someone from up high gave the order but its a red car so thats ok then?
wait till next race,if hammy is out in front they will have to nobble him some how,its last chance saloon

Mark G - 19/10/08 at 09:15 AM

Why do you think Mclaren won't appeal it? So if they are in the same situation next week this means that they can do it too..

Yes its wrong and makes a mockery of the sport but it was a crap race anyway.

omega0684 - 19/10/08 at 09:18 AM

McLaren wont appeal for one simple reason! if they need to do the same in Brazil, where the case is that kovalienen has to let through Hamilton then they dont wont ferrari to have any reason to appeal, if you see what i mean?

matnrach - 19/10/08 at 09:28 AM

If Mclaren does this in Brazil the FIA will change the wording of the rules retrospectively for 1 race so that Lewis would loose.
They have done it beore and they will do it again.

The FIA can do as they please and it has been demonstated time and time again

CRAIGR - 19/10/08 at 09:50 AM

Any chance they can make it exciting rather than just a boring procession then

quote:
Originally posted by matnrach
If Mclaren does this in Brazil the FIA will change the wording of the rules retrospectively for 1 race so that Lewis would loose.
They have done it beore and they will do it again.

The FIA can do as they please and it has been demonstated time and time again

Paul TigerB6 - 19/10/08 at 12:21 PM

Bring in the Indycar / NASCAR rules and throw out a safety car every time there is a leaf on the circuit?? The FIA could have given Ferrari a chance today!!

quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
Any chance they can make it exciting rather than just a boring procession then

Dangle_kt - 19/10/08 at 12:29 PM

Did someone just describe F1 as a sport?

I think they will do what WWF had to, and rename as "Entertainment".

Just enjoyed another Motogp, which was pretty boring by normal standards, but I could easily talk about guts, and determination and close racing and risk taking.

The only comments I ever hear from you guys is about politics in f1, and can't remember the last time I heard all of you wax lyrical about the skills and tecnique of a driver pitching up against another in an on track duel

I think that says a lot.

DarrenW - 20/10/08 at 09:18 AM

Kimi might have said he let Massa past but Massa said before him that he simply overtook Kimi.

It did raise Q's over team orders but at the end of the day i just viewed it as tactical racing. Makes the final race that bit more interesting.

Best bit of the interviews was listening to Massa's chief engineer - a yorkshire lad (Rob Smedley???). I thought Lewis came across a bit cocky - just a walk in the park - yeah right!! He did a great job, it simply cant be that easy being so consistent on every lap. He did however show up HK somewhat.

carpmart - 20/10/08 at 11:11 AM

One rule for the reds and another rule for the rest (especially Maccers!)

JoelP - 20/10/08 at 05:30 PM

i was sure that drivers are not allowed to manipulate the results like that anyway!