Board logo

Goodbye Ferrari? Pt2
speedyxjs - 28/10/08 at 05:50 PM

Linky

Paul TigerB6 - 28/10/08 at 06:35 PM

and so the FIA climbdown begins.......seeing as Ferrari have spoken!!!

designer - 28/10/08 at 06:46 PM

It was a satupid idea anyway.

Make engine manufacturers use a production block with standard crank and conrods.

Make manufacturers supply two teams.

Only one type of tyre for the year; with tread for all conditions, and limited the width.

Remove all the small aerofoils, tabs, etc and reduce the size of those front and rear.

Stop pit stops.

joneh - 28/10/08 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by designer
It was a satupid idea anyway.

Make engine manufacturers use a production block with standard crank and conrods.

Make manufacturers supply two teams.

Only one type of tyre for the year; with tread for all conditions, and limited the width.

Remove all the small aerofoils, tabs, etc and reduce the size of those front and rear.

Stop pit stops.

I dissagree. Formula 1 is supposed to be the cutting edge motor sport. There are other sports that use production cars and parts.

I think a budget limit could be realistic, but difficult to manage.

Syd Bridge - 28/10/08 at 07:38 PM

I like the LeMans engine rules.

Use what you want, but make them all run a fixed standard restrictor, and no forced induction.

Aero should be just a single foil at each end, of maximum area and should fit through a specified aperture.

Cheers,
Syd.

designer - 28/10/08 at 07:57 PM

Yes, F1 should be the cutting edge but, currently, it's scalectric!! Nobody's watching, that's why ITV didn't try to keep it.

The turbo BMW with made Piquet world champion was stock cast iron block (winter weathered and peed on by all male staff), with stock stock crank and rods.

Road cars use the same tyres year in year out.

SOME road cars use aerofoils, very few do.

The only major benefit the basis road car has gained from F1 in the last thirty years is the disc brake.