Board logo

where to mount back lights
blakep82 - 19/8/07 at 06:33 PM

can anyone see a problem with mounting back lights on the bars (from the top of the cab to the bed)?

i was thinking of cheeseburger lights from premier wiring (£5 each, can't go wrong) to start with, and after SVA (still a while off right enough ) sinking some landrover style round lights into little tubes in the back panel

Description
Description

Peteff - 19/8/07 at 06:57 PM

If the bars are like those they will probably not be classed as being the rear of the vehicle.

cerbera - 19/8/07 at 07:04 PM

Not sure but TVR Tuscan has its lights in the back window which is a couple of feet from the back of the car.

[Edited on 19/8/07 by cerbera]

blakep82 - 19/8/07 at 07:09 PM

^ it was because of the tuscan i thought about it. had a quick glance through the 2004 SVA book, couldn't see any mention of how near the back they have to be

also, where i said about sinking light into tubes on the back panel, the tuscan has that too, just above the exhausts

[Edited on 19/8/07 by blakep82]

MikeR - 19/8/07 at 07:13 PM

if you mean on the roll bar, you'll have the issue of the reflectors not being 90 degrees from the road surface.

Peteff - 19/8/07 at 07:49 PM

So the high level lights are extra on the TVR if it has them at the rear also. The recessed lights will probably not meet the side visibility requirements on their own.

omega 24 v6 - 19/8/07 at 08:52 PM

As an auxilliary set of lights you won't have a problem but as an only set then you will have alll sorts of issues regarding heights etc.
You could check HERE

blakep82 - 19/8/07 at 09:27 PM

sinking landrover style lights into the back corner panel it is then