Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Christiano Ronaldo
Hellfire

posted on 2/7/06 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
I know what you mean Bob. What infuriated me was the commentators talking about defending for the remainder of the match and playing for a penalty shoot out. When we'd gone down to ten men, we should have thrown caution to the wind and gone for the goal. Or maybe that's what the players tried to do. Either way, and as much as it pains me to admit, the best team won on the day.

bob

posted on 2/7/06 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Yes svens tactics were painfull, crouch and walcott up front and 3 at the back poo or bust football for me.

Klinsman learnt a lot at spurs as his german team are playing very much like they did when he was there.
I'm sure if he was in svens shoes he would have gone for the above tactics.

Never mind we will get over it

Jon Ison

posted on 3/7/06 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
sorry but I think we should shoot him......
controversial maybe but at least its quick.

Taz Surfleet

posted on 3/7/06 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
As an ex rugby player can I ask where was the stamping ?
the ref should have told Ronaldo to bleep off and mind his own business Rooney shouldnt have pushed him but after the headbutt from ronaldo who can blame him.
FIFA has turned football into a sport for girls

bob

posted on 3/7/06 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
I wasnt sure he was sent off for the alledged stamping, i thought it was because he raised his hands to push ronaldo away.

I didnt think it was stamping but if he had gone down after the first chalenge he would have probably won a free kick.

Still its old news now

iank

posted on 5/7/06 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Not going to get into the rights and/or wrongs but the spoof ebay ad is becoming a bit of a tradition.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/05/ronaldo_transferred/

Marcus

posted on 5/7/06 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Mark,
I'm not usually one to whinge, but your comment 'well done that man' with reference to Ronaldo just about sums up the scots attitude.
I just don't get it, fine, be nationalistic, BUT why support anyone playing against an english player(s). We are all British, if I'm not mistaken, did you hear anyone at Wimbledon shout 'WANKER' to Andy Murray (actually, I did, but from the other side of the TV screen!). Most English bods supported him after our blokes were knocked out, let's have a bit of reciprocation. (ps I hate football with a passion and don't even know why I'm in this thread!)
I realise your (Mark) comment was a little tongue in cheek, but that about sums it up for me.

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 5/7/06 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
hear hear marcus.
DarrenW

posted on 5/7/06 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Has there been some football on?????

02GF74

posted on 5/7/06 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
if you look at the incident with looney rooney andthe two protuguese playes leading to the sending off, it was more like rugby than football. regardless of whether ronaldo tuanted him, rooney should have risen above and answered him by playing good football.

in the end, it is a shame put the penalties were just lame, I mean come on, 2 of the portugeuse attempts missed the goal entirely!!

skint scotsman

posted on 5/7/06 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
not wanting to add fuel to the fire but this jumped out at me

'Most English bods supported him after our blokes were knocked out,'

not before??

also it isnt so much the england team or people it the whole 1966 thing that gets up my nose.....

.... 1967 scotland v england.....

scotland win.

didnt hear john mottson mention that during the world cup coverage.

or for that fact any of the years and teams that have won the world cup since its an old stuck record.

anyway rant over

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 5/7/06 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Let us not forget we are English and Hadrian had the right idea a few years ago.

Some of the barricade is still there and I'm sure a lottery grant would get it repaired.

I must admit to be a bit on the side of the Jocks but thats only because of the bloody weather!

Joking aside, I had a holiday in Tenerife a while back when Scotland were in the Euro championships I think. We had a great time with the guys in skirts and ginger wigs. They know how to party, not like some of the soft shandy drinking southerners I've come across... He He He!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

omega 24 v6

posted on 5/7/06 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
" Enters stage left with jerry can of extra fuel for the fire "

Even last night there was a comment from a commentator " There is still an englishman in the world cup " one of the Italians was apparently born in england and moved to Italy with his parents whaen he was six!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeezo how desperate is that.

To sum it up for me
1 I don't particularly like football (to watch)
2 We scots go to the world cup (sometimes in the hope of winning and if not we all get pished and behave ourselves)
3 It seems to me that the English EXPECT to be there and EXPECT to be in the final four and there is an air of arrogance about it all
4 Some of my best mates are English so there is no animosity from me towards any of you per se (live and let live)
5 FFS its only a chuffing game lighten up. If your good enough on the day you'll win and it's the same for everyone (team) in any sport at any given time.
The biggest problem today is most sports are in fact buisiness's and the fun has gone for ever. If you go to work and fcuck up you get your arse chewed (NO fun)
OK my point is made and so is my tea.
RANT OVER
goodbye my international webmates.

Marcus

posted on 5/7/06 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

'Most English bods supported him after our blokes were knocked out,'

Yes, that's what I meant to say. If he was playing Tim Henman, I would support Tim. As it is, Andy Murray, well he's out now so that's that.
I once saw Andy interviewed, and the interviewer said 'What's it like to be
the best British hope for Wimbledon?'
To which he replied ' I'm not British, I'm Scottish'

Hmm....

PS I totally agree with you Scots re 1966 etc, FFS give it a rest, it was 40 friggin years ago!!

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.