Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 50cc Custom Bikes
D Beddows

posted on 23/11/08 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
50cc Custom Bikes

Some of you may remember that ages ago I asked if anyone had a 50cc bike knocking about that they didn't want to help a mate of my wife's son out......nothing came of that really but he turned up the other day with this......

Which I actually think is pretty cool for what it is - obviously Chinese in origin but does anyone have any experience turning them into a proper bike with Japanese parts or a good source of spare parts for what they are?

If I was 16 I'd have one rather than a step thru

aaron bassett

posted on 23/11/08 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
put a honda c90 engine ito it same type engine inside it
Dangle_kt

posted on 23/11/08 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
as has been said and c90 style engine will fit. These can be up to 160cc these days pushing out 20bhp.

If he is after upgrades try monkeybike.co.uk for japanese quality engine parts (expensive though)

or buy a 150cc stomp engine or similar off ebay for £200, bigger carb and watch him start enjoy riding (as I cant imagine 50cc in that heavy bike being much fun)

Still - at 16 its about what it looks like, and it certainly looks the part!

D Beddows

posted on 24/11/08 at 12:59 AM Reply With Quote
The C90 suggestions are very useful my plan (aside from the engine) is to strip off all the slightly errrm 'camp' chrome type stuff and put; some flatter bars on it, a disk brake front end, some better rear shocks a slightly louder exhaust, smaller seat, minimise the electrics .... and we should be there - Chris (who's bike it is) wants to do a 3D design A level so we may loose the flames once I get him started on photoshop

Damn, almost wish I was 16 again

Peteff

posted on 24/11/08 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Aprilia do a custom called the Red Rose which looks like a that but it has a two stroke engine which completely ruins the effect.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.