Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another seats post!
ned

posted on 20/2/04 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Another seats post!

I've been looking around at various option for seats over the last few days, but can't decide which way i want to go. I want to keep the car lightweight, but am worried that fibreglass seats will be a bit hard for road use. I've discarded richfield as I want a one piece highback seat, which they don't appear to offer.

I've narrowed it down to following:

The Intatrim odyssey I lke, but haven't seen a pic of any with harness holes. (Jasper has them and a good pic in his archive without harness holes) they seem expensive but are small and presumably quite lightweight. I may ring intetrim later today.

The Cobra Roadster 7, which is the right size, but i thought a bit heavy at 8.5kilos each! this is heavier than the bigger clubman seat. it is slightly cheaper than the intatrim.

The fibreglass seat I like is the Mk r500 style one which is excellent value at £105 each and a nice snug fit (I tried it at donnington). It is also very lightweight, though for a reasonable run on the road or to a show might get very hard and uncomfortable.

So, has anyone who's got the intatrim osyssey's with harness holes got a pic they can post up or link to?

Has anyone driven a car a lot on the road with the mk r500 style fibreglass seats that can comment?

Anyone got any info on the weights of the above seats?

Anyone got any comments as to my choice? (come on, i'm sure alot of you have!)

cheers,

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 20/2/04 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
For anyone who cares:

Just spoken to intertrim and eeek! they are £350 pair with harness slots delivered inc vat.

or £142.50 each, £20 for harness slots + del + vat

they 'think' they weigh about 5 kilos each, but haven't actualy weighed them.

Ned.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 20/2/04 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
What about the GTS Tuning ones? The (slightly) padded ones. I dont think the MK ones have padding do they?

I rather like the look of the GTS ones myself and they have a little bit of padding so it isnt too hard on your arse. (Spose you could always stick a cushion in )

Cheers

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

ned

posted on 20/2/04 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
they seem a lot more money (£45 more) than the mk ones for a bit of carpet stuck to essentially identical fibreglass r500 style seats.

also, with fibreglass moulded seats i'd rather try them out first to see how snug/well they fit

a valid point though, thanks.

Ned.

[Edited on 20/2/04 by ned]

garage19

posted on 20/2/04 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Ned,

I'd be interested i the comments on this one. I am currently hummin n harring between the MK seats and the cobras.

The price and weight of the MKs make them look very attractive and having sat in them i thought they were quite comfy.

I am worried about the comfort on long journeys though.

One thought i had was buy the MKs and have some bum and back pads made and upholstered in black that could attach to seat with some small black velcro strips for longer journeys??

Doug.

PioneerX

posted on 20/2/04 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
ned,

I'm using the Corba roadsters. Having been on the road in a car with them it & now I have recieved them I can confirm that they fix perfectly in a modified book chassis. May chassis is no wider than the book but the tranny tunnel is modified to run with the Capri axle & Vx Carlton engine & box.

theconrodkid

posted on 20/2/04 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
ned'/garage 19,ive got fiberglass seats,put a £3 old lady bubble cushion on and thay are very comfy

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Deckman001

posted on 20/2/04 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
But which f/glass seats ?? and how much ??

Jason

garage19

posted on 20/2/04 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
ned'/garage 19,ive got fiberglass seats,put a £3 old lady bubble cushion on and thay are very comfy

Does that mean i have to wear a £3 old lady plastic headscarf to go with it?

ned

posted on 20/2/04 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garage19
Does that mean i have to wear a £3 old lady plastic headscarf to go with it?

Only if you want to

Ned.

[Edited on 20/2/04 by ned]

theconrodkid

posted on 20/2/04 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
tried a head scarf but it blew off now i wear a woolie hat and tartan skirt

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Deckman001

posted on 20/2/04 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
We knew that John, what about ya seats ??

Jason

theconrodkid

posted on 20/2/04 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
got them from agm,£190 delivered the pair

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

chris.russell

posted on 20/2/04 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
thought about the ali ones from mk9r? lightweight and surprisingly comfortable even in bare ali, might need a bum pad on a long run

Mines a pint

jmbillings

posted on 20/2/04 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Make yer own! We did... must have cost... oooh... £20 or £30 a side and were comfy enough for the middle of Germany and back!
Deckman001

posted on 21/2/04 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Popped into C.A.R. today, they sell the Cobra 7's (roadster) for £165 each with harness slots, And for cash, they'd ask for a discount for you !!

Jason

bob

posted on 21/2/04 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
C.A.R. were doing them for £290 a pair with slots before xmas,they must have had a big price hike.

These seats may now be less money through cashy on this site.

zetec

posted on 22/2/04 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
I've got Cobra 7 fitted and very comfy if a little heavy. If you are using the car for track use as well as road why not get a cheap f"glass seat to bolt in for the odd track day. Take a look at kart racing seats as they offer excellent support and come in loads of different sizes and cheap, then you will have comfy seat for the road - sports seat for the track.
flak monkey

posted on 22/2/04 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
After my question about high lift cams in the engine section Macspeedy pointed out a cheap place for performance parts.

Looking around the Peter Lloyd Rallying website if found the Corbeau Clubman 7 seats with 4 harness slots for £75 each! Including VAT!! Which cant be bad! The link is shown below

http://www.peterlloydrallying.co.uk/catalogue/safety/safety.html

Hope that helps those looking for some more comfortable seats, at reasonable prices!

Cheers

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

CairB

posted on 22/2/04 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Syd,

I did that.

I remember thinking that there was more weight in the bits I removed than what I was using.

ned

posted on 23/2/04 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
I went on a whim (spelling?) and got the mk seats at the weekend as someone local to me was going 'tup north!

cheers all for the replies,

ned.

locoboy

posted on 23/2/04 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Ned,

Cany chance you can post a piccy of the MK seats for me?

Cheers
Colin

ATB
Locoboy

ned

posted on 23/2/04 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Col,
When I pick them up tonight/tomorrow night I'll get some piccies..

Ned.

locoboy

posted on 23/2/04 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
cheers Ned

ATB
Locoboy

Mave

posted on 23/2/04 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe a bit late, but I had the opportunity to sit in the orginal Cateringvan RS500 seats (mounted in a Rush v8) for a day. And I was really suprised by the comfort! No problem at all! Which is why I have ordered a set of MK's version for my Indy.
For pictures of the seats, see www.mk-indy.nl and go to gallery

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.