Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mini Digger
mike-ktm

posted on 10/5/09 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Mini Digger

As per the title, need one for a self build project and work at home.

Pref 1.5 tonne or similar, nothing too new or expensive - let me know what you've got.

Cheers guys,

Mike

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 10/5/09 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
ask mr whippy to do the digging van sized holes his speciality

omega0684

posted on 10/5/09 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
ask mr whippy to do the digging van sized holes his speciality

have we missed something?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
owelly

posted on 10/5/09 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
I've just boughtb a 1.5 tonne Kubota. It's great for the flower beds but not much use for you in Merseyside! I paid £1500 and it's all ready to work with new tracks and pins. Anything for that price will be a good buy as a lot of plant is heading to Eastern Europe!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
StevieB

posted on 11/5/09 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I've just boughtb a 1.5 tonne Kubota. It's great for the flower beds but not much use for you in Merseyside! I paid £1500 and it's all ready to work with new tracks and pins. Anything for that price will be a good buy as a lot of plant is heading to Eastern Europe!

Ooh ooh ooh, I'm being tasked with digging out a whole load of lawn area which just sounds like mind numbing, back breaking boredom - can we play with your new toy?

Mr Whippy

posted on 11/5/09 at 06:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mike-ktm
As per the title, need one for a self build project and work at home.

Pref 1.5 tonne or similar, nothing too new or expensive - let me know what you've got.

Cheers guys,

Mike

sounds a bit wimpy for building a house tbh (that’s what I do in my spare time) better with a full size machine with a back hoe that can lift pallets of blocks, bags of sand, carry concrete around the site etc etc

Little machines are fine for some light landscaping but not much else, you can pick up a 2nd hand one for a few thousand and get all or more of your money back once you’ve finished with it as they basically don’t depreciate. Don’t be put off by the big ones size, they don’t use much fuel (Jerry can every couple of days of continuous use) and are so robust they just keep going. I’ve had to replace 2 hoses in 4 years of complete abuse

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

mike-ktm

posted on 11/5/09 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Concerned about towing weights and moving it around if I go much bigger. The self build won't be happening for a little while yet, but in the meantime I have a lot of landscaping to do in my current house, plus parents driveway, bro-in-laws extension footings etc. etc.

Owelly where did you find yours from ? That's just the kinda money I'd fancy spending ! Sounds ideal, been looking at Kubota stuff.

Mr. Whippy, which one do you use ? Any reccomendations ? Any idea where to buy from ?

Cheers boys,

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.