Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost Rep Feedback from Silverstone
pointy

posted on 24/8/09 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Locost Rep Feedback from Silverstone

All,

What a superb day was had on our 10th Anniversary at Silverstone. The weather was glorious (as I promised many months ago!), a parade lap took place with a full compliment of racers and a fantastic turnout of road going Locosts (there were even a few Kit Cars that snuck in under the wire, buy hey ho who cares everyone enjoyed their three laps). Thanks to the road going guys for supporting out tenth anniversary, and a special thanks to Mr Robin Knight of the 750MC for organising the parade lap in his ever efficient way.

Moving onto the racing, congratulations go to Aaron (just turn up and win Silverstone) Bailey, runner up was Scott Mittell with our guest Keith Wood taking the final podium position and scooping the TMC “Driver of the Day” Award chosen by the commentator for a superb first time ever drive in a Locost. Other notable mentions go to Vicky Pickles for her highest qualifying place of 11th. Congratulations go to our newbies Tim Cheyney, Dave Boucher and Sian Stafford for their first ever Locost races, well done.
On a personal note my thanks go to Alex, Lynfel, Jason G, Rob & Brian Apsey, TMC and team mate Richard Dixon (who apparently only came to watch!!) for once again turning to when my car failed me again!

After the race meeting there was a delay in setting the Barbecue up due to mine and five other cars having their pistons checked, however once up and running it was great to see a good turn out, and what a laugh was had. A massive thanks goes to my dearly beloved for her help and assistance in making my job easier as Locost Rep (behind every man there’s a better woman … a much better woman).

Due to the success of the barbecue Team Allied will be holding another one at the last race of the season (Snetterton) on Saturday evening starting at 6pm till whenever it goes out.

Good luck to those going to Oulton and I will see you at Snett.

Andy P

Mark G

posted on 24/8/09 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
I wasn't involved in the parade laps but did catch it from the side lines. Looked like a lot of fun.

Some of my pics from the day below. Shame about having to take the photo's through a fence but you get the idea...

TimC

posted on 25/8/09 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
Good summary Andy!

I hope I don't forever have to see my name with an extra 'y' on timing sheets.

Grrrr... Well it beats 'Timothy Chewey' which a chinese tailor once put on the inside of a suit!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.