Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Interest in campaign for speed hump in paddock at Cadwell park.
procomp

posted on 24/7/10 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Interest in campaign for speed hump in paddock at Cadwell park.

Hi

After the race meeting at Cadwell park I am thinking that something needs to be done to stop IDIOTS using the paddock roadway as a test track. During the Sunday ( which was the only day i was present) There where 4 cars who decided that the speed limit on the final regs was not to be obeyed. With two drivers exceeding speeds of 60MPH and two who thought that accelerating to around 50Mph and slamming the brakes on was a suitable way of setting the brakes up.
Now two of those drivers when asked to slow down became somewhat aggressive even though they had just scared the poo out of two children who where in the area. And one who even had the stupidity to claim that there is no paddock speed limit.
All in all it is only a few IDIOT drivers causing such problems but i know feel that given these drivers and many others at race meeting held at Cadwell park feel they have the right to disregard the paddock speed limit it may well now be time to get a campaign to have speed humps such as those at snetterton introduced at Cadwell Park also before there is a serious incident. Now i am fully aware that those responsible drivers who would not think of doing such a thing as disregarding the paddock speed limits may find this a minor inconvenience and is fully understandable. I am also aware that it would still not stop those Idiot drivers who have such disregard for the speed limit also still accelerate at full speed between the speed humps at Snetterton from actually doining such things. So there is also maybe the option of having a couple of tight chicanes in place as an alternative.

Anyhow i would be interested in the thoughts and comments of those drivers who compete at Cadwell under MSA regulations.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 24/7/10 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Wont speed humps cause issues for those with very low track cars?!

The organisers need to deal with the problem people.... simply asking them to leave with no refund should get the message across...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

MikeR

posted on 24/7/10 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
instead of speed humps, what about speed drains? A half drain cut into the road at 45 degrees to the direction of travel. It shouldn't affect race cars due to the angle as only one wheel will go over it at once - but it will jolt the hell out of the car / driver if taken at speed.
AndyW

posted on 24/7/10 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Surley there should be someone who upholds the speed limits, otherwise why have a limit. Rather than just simply speaking to the offenders, perhaps a penalty of some sort would slow them down. just imagine what H&S would do to the place if there was an accident in the paddock.

Report the offenders to the officials.

Otherwise speed humps or drains to slow peeps down

franky

posted on 24/7/10 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a bad idea, no one likes speed bumps, it'll cause issues for low cars and bikes never mind the karts that still go there.

Just needs better management if its that much of a problem. Kids in the paddock shouldn't be an issue as they should be under supervision or should not be there.

As you pointed out the ones at Snetterton aren't doing the job so why have them at gods own race track?

thunderace

posted on 24/7/10 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
REPORT HIM OR FILM IT AND REPORT HIM FFS SPEED HUMPS DONT WORK I CAN TAKE THEM AT 70MPH IN A TRANSIT.

speedystew

posted on 24/7/10 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
agree with all above,we don't want speed humps in the paddock.i would report them or take them to one side when no body's looking and tune them in .........quick jab on't end of nose usualy works matt
JimSpencer

posted on 24/7/10 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Matt

Sorry it's sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Sppedhumps anywhere near a race circuit are a pain in the behind for anybody who drives their competition car too the circuit - literally there's a couple that you can't actually get into..

One of the 'education' methods outlined above should be enough - otherwise CofC and let them do it..

procomp

posted on 24/7/10 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
OK Keep it going.

Well the sensible comment anyhow. Comments suggesting that children or family shouldn't be there are simply nothing short of ridiculous Given the FIA/MSA attitude towards making the events and paddock more of a family place to be.
And yes ALL of the drivers who did take part in the speeding offences where reported. But it is a simple case of just like road calming measures needed on the public highway however that not all follow the regulations or in the case of what was witnessed at Cadwell even try to keep to anything like a sensible speed for the conditions/ situation.

The Humps in the Snetterton paddock did work to stop the cars using the whole of the paddock road as a test track but due to the distance between them it is still possible to gain considerable speed between them.
It does not cause any real inconvenience to the low cars in the paddock due to the fact that the organising club would place cars that would be affected IE certain formulas would be placed in the paddock past the area of concern. So that is not an issue as already proved at Snetterton. However admittedly for cadwell some of the formulas that attend i can clearly see that speed hump may not be the answer hence the suggestion of some sort of tight chicane setup maybe or as suggested drain situation.

A swift kick up the arse or jab on the nose for those with the lack of respect would work nicely. However it would simply see them come out better and the giver simply sent straight home with an appearance before the msa board.

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 24/7/10 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
franky

posted on 24/7/10 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
OK Keep it going.

Well the sensible comment anyhow. Comments suggesting that children or family shouldn't be there are simply nothing short of ridiculous Given the FIA/MSA attitude towards making the events and paddock more of a family place to be.
And yes ALL of the drivers who did take part in the speeding offences where reported. But it is a simple case of just like road calming measures needed on the public highway however that not all follow the regulations or in the case of what was witnessed at Cadwell even try to keep to anything like a sensible speed for the conditions/ situation.

The Humps in the Snetterton paddock did work to stop the cars using the whole of the paddock road as a test track but due to the distance between them it is still possible to gain considerable speed between them.
It does not cause any real inconvenience to the low cars in the paddock due to the fact that the organising club would place cars that would be affected IE certain formulas would be placed in the paddock past the area of concern. So that is not an issue as already proved at Snetterton. However admittedly for cadwell some of the formulas that attend i can clearly see that speed hump may not be the answer hence the suggestion of some sort of tight chicane setup maybe or as suggested drain situation.

A swift kick up the arse or jab on the nose for those with the lack of respect would work nicely. However it would simply see them come out better and the giver simply sent straight home with an appearance before the msa board.

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 24/7/10 by procomp]

Obviously in my post I said unsupervised children shouldn't be there, that would be common sense

procomp

posted on 24/7/10 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Ok. I see i read that bit wrong. But what we had at cadwell was a situation where two children with an adult where confronted with a RGB car hurtling in there direction as they turned the corner from the grassy area on to the paddock road area. And a driver who then aggressively pronounces that there is no F.ing speed limit when asked to slow down.

Cheers Matt

pointy

posted on 25/7/10 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
I am all for slowing these idiots down. Take the number of the offending car, report it to Robin (750m/c) and/or Clerk of the course who I am sure will take the appropriate action.
There are people looking for any opportunity to Ban motorsport and god forbid a death/injury of a child due to this sort of behaviour will only fuel the flames.

Andy p

procomp

posted on 26/7/10 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Andy that's the point i am sort of trying to get across. If there is such an incident it will start the ball rolling for all sorts of palaver regarding paddock procedures. As it stands the paddocks are a very friendly place where children and family are hopefully made to feel welcome and have a good nose around at whats happening and have pics taken alongside and sat in the cars Ect.

I am hoping to get in touch with Robin during the week to see if any action was taken with the drivers concerned. Having spoken with a few drivers it does seem that these particular problems do tend to more of a problem at certain circuits rather than others. Snett was always the one where such incidents happened and Cadwell with that straight paddock road is always a problem whether it be during a race day or of an evening after racing has ceased.
Maybe that the paddock needs a bit more of a controlling presence such as Pembrey ( next race coincidentally ) But as most know the attitude toward drivers can be just a little OTT at pembrey to say the least.

cheers Matt

timhoverd

posted on 26/7/10 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Matt,

quote:
But what we had at cadwell was a situation where two children with an adult where confronted with a RGB car hurtling in there direction as they turned the corner from the grassy area on to the paddock road area. And a driver who then aggressively pronounces that there is no F.ing speed limit when asked to slow down.

At first sight that does not seem at all appropriate. I'm the RGB formula rep; do you know who the driver concerned is? If so, could you tell me who it is?

Thanks,

Tim

procomp

posted on 26/7/10 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tim

Sent U2U with details Etc.

Cheers Matt

timhoverd

posted on 26/7/10 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi Tim

Sent U2U with details Etc.

Cheers Matt

Matt,

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Tim

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.