Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Show me your cables and hoses....
loggyboy

posted on 13/12/11 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Show me your cables and hoses....

...oo er missus...

After some photo of your cable and brake hose routings & clips and also some nice fuel line instals please xx

PeterV

posted on 13/12/11 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel lines & vent plus engine loom from a couple of angles. Getting around the steering shaft and UJ's was the tricky bit.

But where theres a will.....

Fuel feed, return & vents plus brake pipes nip down to the bell housing and then run up the prop tunnel to the rear. This means they become totally enclosed when the car is finished. The cockpit tunel covers plus the floor, box all pipework in so nothing is left hanging around. Even at the rear the diffuser keeps everything enclosed on the WLR.

P-Cliped every 150mm and many pics required for Mr. IVA inspector Don't want to end up taking to many covers off on the day!

15/12/11!!! Only two days to go before IVA now. YIKES Wonder if there will be any DVLA offices left open for the registration process by the time I get this thing passed

big-vee-twin

posted on 13/12/11 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
[img] Rear Axle brake line layout
Rear Axle brake line layout
[/img]

[img] Fuel and brake lines in
Fuel and brake lines in
[/img]

[img] Rear caliper conversion
Rear caliper conversion
[/img]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

MikeCapon

posted on 14/12/11 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
If you are looking for a tidy way of securing or guiding flexy lines a nice way of doing this is as follows.

One tie wrap and a short length of small bore rubber or plastic tube. Pass the pointy end of the tie wrap through the tube and then round the flexy and back through the tube. Then attach the tie wrap round the wishbone or chassis tube or whatever.

We often used this on off road quads to guide the brake line behind the top wishbone. It works well and is very tidy. It also avoids the flexy rubbing on the wishbone, taking the paint off the wishbone and also destroying itself as mud and grit abrade the flexy.

I know a pic would be good here but I've not got one. You'll have to use your imagination.

Mike

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 14/12/11 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, just looking for anything that shows gooc, neat, or standard ways of routing the above. Especially brake and fuel lines along the length of the chassis.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.