Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mirrors and fuel line
andrew_s

posted on 25/9/12 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
mirrors and fuel line

read quite a few posts about different mirrors, the ones i have been supplied with defintley do not measure up

are these a sure bet, before i part with my hard earned, or will it still be the luck of the day at iva time?

link

open to suggestions

also do I need a receipt for my fuel lines to prove they are fuel worthy ?

thanks in advance for any suggestions

daniel mason

posted on 25/9/12 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
they look too small to me. what size is the glass as im sure theres a minimum glass size

loggyboy

posted on 25/9/12 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
I doubt they are 70mm high at any point.

IVA Mirror
IVA Mirror

Please note 400mm dim should be 40mm!!

[Edited on 25-9-12 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

loggyboy

posted on 25/9/12 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
as for fuel, they need to either be marked for fuel or have a reciept/spec sheet/proof they are fuel spec.

Mistral Motorsport

andrew_s

posted on 26/9/12 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks - I have asked for dims on mirror will post them up if I get them

I thought people may have generally used them more, any suggestions on a good iva pass mirror set that looks half decent ?

russbost

posted on 26/9/12 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
These aren't particularly pretty, but I've never had a set fail IVA & they are very cheap + could be sold onto a fellow locoster after IVA test!

Link

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
big-vee-twin

posted on 26/9/12 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Russ, will those mirrors bolt to the side of the scuttle rather than the top, I want to add a screen later and would like to hide any holes behind the screen mounts and then add the mirrors I want after IVA?

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

andrew_s

posted on 26/9/12 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, I have gone to the IVA manual here, page 79

these guys list the dims of the mirror glas as 135 x 80 mm

so to my mind that looks good for IVA

anyone think otherwise ?

I am hoping to answer the issue aorund side indicators with these as well ?

thanks for the comments so far

40inches

posted on 26/9/12 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
At that size they would need to be convex, to give the correct view range.

loggyboy

posted on 26/9/12 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
Size is fine for IVA

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches

I doubt that can be concluded until fitted. Distance from drivers eye can have huge effect on range, and the rigth type of centre mirror can 'make up' for any areas missed on sides.

Mistral Motorsport

andrew_s

posted on 26/9/12 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
just read pages 80 onwards, and I think as you say, subjective, at least they meet one of the crtieria on size, i think i will need to get a new interior mirror as well, as the one supplied is also on the small side, i guess its fair to assume the bigger the interior the better (with a degree of common sense)
40inches

posted on 26/9/12 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Size is fine for IVA

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches

I doubt that can be concluded until fitted. Distance from drivers eye can have huge effect on range, and the rigth type of centre mirror can 'make up' for any areas missed on sides.

Very true! However, ordering convex glass, for all the mirrors, just about ensures that they will meet all criteria, and saves having to send them back for exchange if they don't.

loggyboy

posted on 26/9/12 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
On a side note the side repeaters on them are unlikely to meet the 5degree visablity to the rear requirement.

Mistral Motorsport

russbost

posted on 26/9/12 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
Hey Russ, will those mirrors bolt to the side of the scuttle rather than the top, I want to add a screen later and would like to hide any holes behind the screen mounts and then add the mirrors I want after IVA?

Sorry for slow response, been out all day - if you look at them in the pic the stems are actually 180 degrees rotated from their "normal" position (it's how they come packed) so I can't see any reason why you couldn't mount them with the stems in either an (approximately) horizontal or vertical position - the threads are M10 x 1.25 which is a standard motorcycle thread

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.