Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fury Standard Body problem
tims31

posted on 13/3/14 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
Fury Standard Body problem

Well I have finally reached a point where I thought I could order the bodywork for my Fury kit so I could collect in a couple of months...Standard Fury body with doors and the Le Mans bonnet.

Having spoken to Steve Hughes at Fury Sportscars he now tells me that the original mould he used has been damaged by his supplier too badly to be used. If I want the standard body I will have to wait for him to make a new mould and buck which he won’t get done until, at the earliest the end of the summer

This is going to put my build back by quite a bit now if I have to wait for this. I was hoping to sort the dash area out for the electrics etc but not quite sure where I can fit it all. If anyone has some images of their electrics fitted around the passenger dashboard area (relays etc) could you send them on to me. U2U for email address.

Also posted this as a bit of a warning to anyone else that wanted the standard body tub for their Fury, the Spider body is still available apparently.

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

carpmart

posted on 13/3/14 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
I think its good news as your forced in a certain direction now. I much prefer the spyder body, particularly with the correct offset wheels, it really looks great. Also its lighter as no doors and associated hardware. That with a leMans bonnet is the best combo IMHO.

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

sjmatthews

posted on 14/3/14 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carpmart
I think its good news as your forced in a certain direction now. I much prefer the spyder body, particularly with the correct offset wheels, it really looks great. Also its lighter as no doors and associated hardware. That with a leMans bonnet is the best combo IMHO.

Agreed

I'll be in the garage dear!

tims31

posted on 14/3/14 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
Yes I like the Spyder body but I really want the doors as I want to try and get it weather proofed so I can use it as much as possible.

He does do the Spyder body without doors now but again that would be a nightmare to get in and out of with a roof on top.

sjmatthews, almost the same colour I am looking at for mine.

If you don't mind, could you U2U me the price you paid for your body kit? The prices Steve sent me through yesterday seemed excessive comapred to when I priced the body kit up two years ago.

scudderfish

posted on 14/3/14 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
I've got doors and they are a waste of time, I never use them as intended. If you had a fixed roof I think it'd still be extremely hard to get in or out. The entry hole is much smaller than an Elise and that was ungraceful at best.

Regards,
Dave

sebastiaan

posted on 14/3/14 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
look here, near the bottom for a possible solution...

NTDWM

http://www.kitcarcollection.com/occasionkits.php

McLannahan

posted on 14/3/14 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Ahh...A Fury appreciation page!

Well it'd be rude not to include my old car (now in Germany?)

jeffw

posted on 14/3/14 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure you have quite got the Kitcar bug....what is these 'doors' you speak of? Waterproofing a kitcar ....hahahahahhahahah

adithorp

posted on 14/3/14 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Think my mate mine got the last body from the mould... so blame him.

You can do weather gear with the full screen spyder body. A few of us have half hoods. It's not weatherproof but does keep out 90%+ of the wet and surprisingly cozy (even in snow, though a drift forms on the passenger side tonneau). You do have to be a bit flexible to slide in/out but it's not hard. I'll post some pictures later.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

peter030371

posted on 14/3/14 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Not sure you have quite got the Kitcar bug....what is these 'doors' you speak of? Waterproofing a kitcar ....hahahahahhahahah

Isn't waterproofing when you park it in the garage at home and let the water drain out the holes in the floorpan

pjay

posted on 14/3/14 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp

As I understand it from Steve I got the second to last body which was the last one from a local fibreglass company - if anything I'm the one to blame!

The last body was from the original fibreglass company who managed to squeeze one last one out but it took a lot of work because of the damage to the mould.

Oh and the doors are a must for the wife to go anywhere in the car!

[Edited on 14/3/14 by pjay]

tims31

posted on 14/3/14 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pjay
quote:

As I understand it from Steve I got the second to last body which was the last one from a local fibreglass company - if anything I'm the one to blame!

The last body was from the original fibreglass company who managed to squeeze one last one out but it took a lot of work because of the damage to the mould.

Oh and the doors are a must for the wife to go anywhere in the car!

[Edited on 14/3/14 by pjay]

Yep, thats a bit like my situation, if I wanted to get the car then she who must be obeyed needed to be able to get in it so the doors are a must, also I actually like the look of the Fury with the doors.

I understand that it will never be truly waterproof but at least I can make a vain attempt. I want to do some fairly long runs in the car so if I can at least attempt to put a roof on then that will all help.

pjay, if you don't mind me asking, what did Steve charge you for yours and when did you get it? (U2U me if you dont mind)

[Edited on 14/3/14 by tims31]

adithorp

posted on 14/3/14 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair to Steve the moulds were in poor condition when he took over and he's been getting them remade. As there are several bodies and bonnet he's been working through them (I suspect) in order of demand and the standard/doored one is the last?

pjay

posted on 14/3/14 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
The trouble is that in the process he has also had to switch fibreglass suppliers as well.
adithorp

posted on 14/3/14 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
If the old one was the one in SW London area, they weren't good. Lots of none impregnated mat in mine when I broke it and I've seen the same in some others pictures.

Hood pictures (of Jim Gibletts car 'cos I can't find any pictures of mine)....

[Edited on 14/3/14 by adithorp]

pjay

posted on 15/3/14 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
If the old one was the one in SW London area, they weren't good. Lots of none impregnated mat in mine when I broke it and I've seen the same in some others pictures.

Not sure which one but for the body I have Steve was happy with mat but colour match and finish in some areas was the problem - will need spraying but this is okay based on the deal (and means I can go for the colour I'm after).

The half hood looks good.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.