Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pumping of fuel!
bigandy

posted on 14/12/04 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Pumping of fuel!

Good afternoon All!

I am currently trying to decide which fuel pump to purchase/acquire to suit my car. I am using a 4age injected engine, with the fuel tank at the opposite end of the car. I have decided to run the fuel from the main tank, to a 2-2.5 litre header tank nearer the engine, and then supply fuel from that tank to the fuel rail.

So, I need a reliable high volume low pressure pump to shift fuel from the main tank to the header tank, and an injection type pump to feed the engine from the header tank, and this is where I need soem advice!

basically, i am after two pumps, that should be nice and cheap, but also very reliable. one low pressure high volume, and one injection pump. Can anyone recommend suitable pumps to suit this application?

I've seen a facet solid state pump, but to be honest, I wouldn't know which was a good solution, and which was bad!

Cheers for the help!

Andy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

zetec

posted on 14/12/04 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
A Vauhall SRi/GTE is a good injection pump as it has a standard push fit 8mm outlet and I think the inlet is 10 or 12mm both of which are easy to source pipe for.
I've got one from a 2.0 ltr Cavalier and works just fine. Normally £20-£25.

PioneerX

posted on 14/12/04 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
bigandy,

I'm with zetec on this one, the Vx injection pump would do nicely. Drop me a u2u as I have one in the garage going spare (now have carbs fitted & Facet solid state). I'll post you it FOC.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 14/12/04 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
I've got my hands on a MGF pump...... I haven't used it yet but its built into a swirl pop thats designed to be dropped into the bottom of the existing tank. Looks really neat & was free (to me). I've just got to figure out how to fit the damned thing into a locost tank!
bigandy

posted on 14/12/04 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
PioneerX you should have a U2U!

I've done a bit of reading, and I was wondeirng if someone could explain the difference between a solid state electronic pump, and an interruptor type electronic fuel pump?

The solid state ones seem to be significantly cheaper than the interruptor types.

Also, does anyone know how to ocnvert between bhp and flow rate (eg litres or gallons per hour?)

CHeers folks.

Andy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.