Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I am turboing my 1.8 zetec, Will a turbo manifold and turbo from a ford1.8td engine fit on it?
rich201283

posted on 13/3/05 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
I am turboing my 1.8 zetec, Will a turbo manifold and turbo from a ford1.8td engine fit on it?

I am turboing my 1.8 zetec, Will a turbo manifold and turbo from a ford1.8td engine fit on it? are the studs the same?
big_wasa

posted on 13/3/05 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
ports line up with manifold but studs dont,The block can be redrilled and taped or an adapter plate borght. The breather also has to be moved ...Lots of info on the web as its getting very common with the RS2 boys...

http://www.zetec-turbo.co.uk/

This is a very good site ,lots of info

phelpsa

posted on 13/3/05 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
You wont have an intercooler.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr G

posted on 13/3/05 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Few lads over on passionford.com have turbo'd thier zetecs in westfields

scooby8272

AustenW

Might be worth contacting them for info etc

Cheers

G

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

rich201283

posted on 14/3/05 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
The pics are of a t3 turbo, i would like to know if a td manifold and turbo will fit?

The pics are of a t3 turbo, i would like to know if a td manifold and turbo will fit?

I know the manifold studs will need to be changed

paulf

posted on 14/3/05 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Will a turbo for a diesel engine be able to withstand the higher heat output from a petrol engine?. Diesels are a good source of turbos but i am not sure if the turbines are made of the same material grade as used in a petrol engine.
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by rich201283

I know the manifold studs will need to be changed

Dale

posted on 14/3/05 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
In north america several guys are using the holset turbo off of the dodge (cummings)turbo diesel truck on the Ford lima 2.3l in place of the Garret T3 that is stock. The Holset will easily push 30+ lbs into the 2.3 efficiently, the price is good as well. If the seals are gone in my T3 I will be picking one up- its over kill but will make for an easy 300hp to ground.
Dale

Mr G

posted on 14/3/05 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
I realise what your contemplating using Rich - just giving you a nod in the direction of turbo'd zetec installations in seven type cars i.e exhaust/inlet/pipework layout

Good luck btw!

Cheers

G

rusty nuts

posted on 14/3/05 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Got no idea if it would fit but as a start it may be worth trying a 1.8TD manifold gasket against the Zetec head . I suspect that the ports may not line up but I wouldn't put money on it. Best of luck , Rusty
Danozeman

posted on 14/3/05 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
I think the ports line up as said above. Just the studs ae wrong. Best bet is to join the zetec turbo boys for info...

Garage19 may know.... He's turbo'd his..

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

alan wheeldon

posted on 15/3/05 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
I dont know about the TD manifold but the RS turbo manifold fits, you just have to alter the stud holes
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.