Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Kit Car Club Website
alan wheeldon

posted on 15/11/05 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
New Kit Car Club Website

Hi guys.

Our site www.logicaltuning.com is about all aspects of motor tuning. What makes a car or bike, handle and stop better, how to get more power out of your engine, how to make your car lighter and faster, thats what our site is about!
It doesn't matter what you have, if this is how you feel about cars and bikes, this is the site for you.

On our site, we have a chat forum dedicated to kit cars, in there you can post about anything kit car related, also attached is a for sale and wanted section, a restoration forum, motorsport forum, and lots of other things scattered about, like show reports from Stoneleigh.

Our first Club meet will be at Anglesey Race Circuit for a full day on the track for £95

We are currently on the look out for completed kit cars to feature on the site, if you are interested, please let us know.

We would like to see and have members on the site who do there own mechanics on there cars and not take them to garages to get them fixed, basically people who don't mind a bit of hard work and getting there hands dirty.

On the main site, we have a Knowledge Base centre which hosts articles about various engine types, car reviews, a how too section, and loads of other articles on various things. Members are free to post topics in the knowledge base area.

We also have a Public Photo Album where you can download photos from your computer straight to the internet which is free of charge.

The site is still in its early stages and we officially go live on the 15th November with the new site, and hope it will eventually be a great site with a friendly atmosphere.

The site is completely free to use and advertise on, all you have to do is Register to become a Member which will allow you to post in the forum. Please note that we do not charge to become a member, or to Post. Its all free

I hope you have a spare few minutes to check us out, thanks for taking the time to read this notice.

Thanks, www.logicaltuning.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ben_Copeland

posted on 15/11/05 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Cant seem to get the link to work ???

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Hellfire

posted on 15/11/05 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Nice site - very professional.

After looking - it's not really a Kit Car site (yet!)... so my previous post has been edited.

[Edited on 15-11-05 by Hellfire]

Ben_Copeland

posted on 15/11/05 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Whats going on??? Why cant i get the website up ???

Ben

Enter Your Details Here

alan wheeldon

posted on 15/11/05 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
The link should work, try typing the address in your browser. It should work then

Its a car site in general but we have a kit car section on the site because myself and other members love kit cars!..

We are only just starting out so hopefully it will turn out to be good club.

Pop in and say hello

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 15/11/05 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
I've joined.

But don't let that put you off!

Cheers

Chris

Triton

posted on 15/11/05 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

ayoungman

posted on 16/11/05 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
me too !

"just like that !"

alan wheeldon

posted on 16/11/05 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
get posting then

Were trying to get it as a club and not just a forum.

There is a Knowlegde Base section HERE which has not got much stuff in it at the mo but given time should be full of info.

There is loads of other different stuff scattered about on the site so it would be great to get some imput from you guys telling us if you want something adding or if things can be improved anywhere

Ben_Copeland

posted on 16/11/05 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
I've tried all that, guess you just hate me lol

Oh well. I'll keep trying

quote:
Originally posted by alan wheeldon
The link should work, try typing the address in your browser. It should work then

Its a car site in general but we have a kit car section on the site because myself and other members love kit cars!..

We are only just starting out so hopefully it will turn out to be good club.

Pop in and say hello

Ben

Enter Your Details Here

Fozzie

posted on 16/11/05 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
Joined...

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

donut

posted on 17/11/05 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Me joined too, looks good!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

alan wheeldon

posted on 17/11/05 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for having a look guys, its much appreciated

Like I said earlier, LT is still in the early stages but hopefully in time it will grow to be a good site.

Thanks again to those who have had a look and said hello

donut

posted on 17/11/05 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
I love the way it's set up for all different types of cars. I like it!!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

alan wheeldon

posted on 30/11/05 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Well its been over 2 weeks now since we launched the site and we have had a great response from people

We have members with a wide variety of different cars and also one of our admin staff has decided to build a Locost from scratch with his spare 4.0L BMW engine

Once again, thanks to those who have joined and said hello

[Edited on 30/11/05 by alan wheeldon]

alan wheeldon

posted on 5/12/05 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Well if you have been trying to get on the site lately you have probably noticed its not working. Someone has hacked onto the site and deleted everything, the owner of the site is currently talking to the Server provider to see what backup is on the system but its not looking good

We had just got the site up to speed and this happened. We have only just changed to a new server (last week) and this has happened!

Not happy but we shall see what we can come up with. Ill keep you informed

Built black pinto MK, black blackbird MK, yellow pinto MK. Now working on a Sierra.

logicaltuning.com (a new web site about cars and bikes)

alan wheeldon

posted on 12/12/05 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
ok we are back up and running.

Unfortunatly we have lost the last months work on the site so anyone who registered from the 15th November will have to re-register to be able to post.

Sorry about this guys, this time, we have learnt and will be keeping back ups of the sites info so if another idiot decides to hack the site we will be able to get it back up straight away.

It makes me wonder about cancelling my paypal account now??

Built black pinto MK, black blackbird MK, yellow pinto MK. Now working on a Sierra.

theconrodkid

posted on 12/12/05 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
i fail to see the point in deleting everyones posts and generally buggering up peoples work,is there something wrong with society these days?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

alan wheeldon

posted on 12/12/05 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
They need locking up and shooting

We lost loads of stuff and we were just getting things into gear

Oh well, these things do happen, it just goes to show how safe the internet really is

bob

posted on 12/12/05 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
So its safe now ?

alan wheeldon

posted on 13/12/05 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
yep

Weve taken extra measures this time with security

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.