Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any one see any problems with this?
flak monkey

posted on 21/8/06 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
Any one see any problems with this?

Unfortunately I need to cross my fuel and wiring over at the back of the tunnel, and this is the best attampt I could make. Neither of them touch eachother, or the chassis/diff.

Anyone see any potential problems for SVA?

Cheers,
David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

nitram38

posted on 21/8/06 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
Just wrap some spiral wrap around the brake pipe. The sva man is more worried about the brake pipes rubbing and wearing through. You can run pipes and wiring across each other as long as they are mechanical protected.
David Jenkins

posted on 21/8/06 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
I'd put some effort into making it look tidier - try to make it look as though everything is where you planned it to be, rather than just where it ended up.

Yes - I know it's bullsh*t - but the more effort you put into lining things up, getting pipework straight and so on, the more big benefits at SVA time.

Finally, that pipe looks a bit vulnerable to damage from bricks on the road - maybe the tester will think the same? Especially if it droops - you probably need more P-clips!

David

[Edited on 21/8/06 by David Jenkins]

02GF74

posted on 21/8/06 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
is there going to be an under body panel like we see itneh background? asking in case there is any chance you can drive over something jegged tat can rip the pipe off.

best effort - hey - that pipe is not very straight

quinnj3

posted on 21/8/06 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
maybe a little tip on bending brake pipes might help. If you can get a cylinder about the size of a baked bean can and use that to bend your brake pipes round. it keeps all the radii(radiuses) the same. It may not be noticed but its the small things that all come together to create the big picture. Hope this helps. if you use something smaller than a tin it will give tighter radii and look better but beware on using something too small. Does anyone here know the regulations on brakepipe bends for sva?

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

02GF74

posted on 21/8/06 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quinnj3
Does anyone here know the regulations on brakepipe bends for sva?

nope - & I doubt there is. as long as there pipes are not fractured or kinked to restrict flow would be my guess?

Hellfire

posted on 21/8/06 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Calvin... although your seems tidier and less ad-hoc. The SVA man will be worried about the Rats you seem to have attracted into your car. Those Rat SH1TS are indicative of rodents eating your wiring system...

Maybe

Steve

flak monkey

posted on 21/8/06 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
That pipes not brakes, its fuel. The brke pipe runs along the drivers side, top of the tunnel.

Thanks for the comments, the wiring isnt fully clipped in at the moment. The next clip on the fuel line is just inside the tunnel, right at the back its prettty solidly clipped, and will not move if you try to wiggle it. I can straighten out the 'hump' in the fuel line easy enough next time the car is up on axle stands.

Theres about 10-15mm between the fuel and wiring where they cross over.

There is the possibility i could fit another panel under the rear suspension area, but i only want to do this if its really necessary.

Sera

graememk

posted on 21/8/06 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
oh dear oh dear oh dear

flak monkey

posted on 22/8/06 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
Heres what it looks like from the other side:

Sera

David Jenkins

posted on 22/8/06 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
Looks fine from that view - although your P-clip spacing may be a wee bit too far apart (close call, though).

The tester would probably catch hold of it and check for 'waggle-ability'.

David

flak monkey

posted on 22/8/06 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Max distance between any of my clips is 11". I believe the SVA manual quotes 300mm/12" somewhere in its depths.

Can easily add some more clips for piece of mind, and probably will. Will also use some fuel hose and slip it over the points where the pipe and wiring come close to the chassis and/or eachother. Should be not issies then, right?

Sera

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.