Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ARP conrod bolts for 2l Zetec
mstepien

posted on 2/2/07 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
ARP conrod bolts for 2l Zetec

Hi,
I have a 2l blacktop Zetec. I decided to change conrod bolts to ARP ones. Once I started to unscrew the old ones, I have found out that they are 8mm (while the ARP 2l should be 9mm). Is this normal (I have found afterwards the info on rallynuts that some 2l Zetecs have 8mm conrod bolts.
And here's the photo : Rescued attachment ARP bolts.JPG
Rescued attachment ARP bolts.JPG

Paul (Notts)

posted on 2/2/07 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Dont know much about this but there is the following comment on Burton Power web site--

CON ROD CAPS MAY NEED REAMING SLIGHTLY TO ALLOW BOLTS TO FIT. 25 FT LBS WITH ARP LUBE 31 FT LBS WITH OIL (30W) 1.8"/190000psi

Give them a call they are very helpfull and know everything ther is to know about ford engines.

Paul

www.burtonpower.com

[Edited on 2/2/07 by Paul (Notts)]

Mal

posted on 2/2/07 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
ARP Bolts

I think you may be confusing 2 things here..
I have just measured some standard conn rod bolts. The thread is M8 fine pitch, but the shank, the area with the coarse gooves, is 8.5mm dia.

Could it be that the short length of shank under the head of the ARP bolts is 9mm and may need the conn rod hole increasing for about 8mm in depth?
Try some measurments.

Mal

mstepien

posted on 2/2/07 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
In both cases I'm talking about the thread : 8mm in original ones, 9mm in ARP ones. The 8,5mm part of original bolt does not even get into the threaded bed.
M

Werner Van Loock

posted on 2/2/07 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
I thought that European zetec E bolts were 8mm and American zetec E 9mm, so I think you bought the incorrect ones.

here they are both available

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.