Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: where to mount back lights
blakep82

posted on 19/8/07 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
where to mount back lights

can anyone see a problem with mounting back lights on the bars (from the top of the cab to the bed)?

i was thinking of cheeseburger lights from premier wiring (£5 each, can't go wrong) to start with, and after SVA (still a while off right enough ) sinking some landrover style round lights into little tubes in the back panel

Description
Description

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Peteff

posted on 19/8/07 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
If the bars are like those they will probably not be classed as being the rear of the vehicle.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

cerbera

posted on 19/8/07 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure but TVR Tuscan has its lights in the back window which is a couple of feet from the back of the car.

[Edited on 19/8/07 by cerbera]

blakep82

posted on 19/8/07 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
^ it was because of the tuscan i thought about it. had a quick glance through the 2004 SVA book, couldn't see any mention of how near the back they have to be

also, where i said about sinking light into tubes on the back panel, the tuscan has that too, just above the exhausts

[Edited on 19/8/07 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

MikeR

posted on 19/8/07 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
if you mean on the roll bar, you'll have the issue of the reflectors not being 90 degrees from the road surface.
Peteff

posted on 19/8/07 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
So the high level lights are extra on the TVR if it has them at the rear also. The recessed lights will probably not meet the side visibility requirements on their own.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

omega 24 v6

posted on 19/8/07 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
As an auxilliary set of lights you won't have a problem but as an only set then you will have alll sorts of issues regarding heights etc.
You could check HERE

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

blakep82

posted on 19/8/07 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
sinking landrover style lights into the back corner panel it is then

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.