Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: heater slider
richard

posted on 10/2/08 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
heater slider

Waiting for SVA date at present and cannot be sure if the Polo heater slider / knobs I have fitted to adust the temp and postion of hot air will fail.They are hard plastic and stick out form the dash by 15mm.Hard to reduse this as they move in an arc.Would rather leave in place as if we set to hot demist and remove leaves the obvious slots where they belong ?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 10/2/08 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
I thought they just had to be rounded, I've yet to come across squidgy production car ones. What about using a small powerball?

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Guinness

posted on 10/2/08 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Could you fit the whole assembly using some plastic bolts or plastic rivets. The SVA allows you to have "sharp" items as long as they detach or deform in an impact.

Section 6 - 5
Section 6 - 5

Not sure how you would prove they would detach under a force of 40kgf (or even what 40kgf looks like).

HTH

Mike

indykid

posted on 10/2/08 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
leaving obvious slots where the sliders belong isn't an sva fail as long as the slots aren't too sharp or covered.

they can't accuse you of fitting something later that won't pass or we'd nearly all fail. they can only test what's infront of them on the day.

tom

speedyxjs

posted on 11/2/08 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
What about using a small powerball?

I think it would need to be seen as 'perminantly fixed' to pass SVA

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Mr Whippy

posted on 11/2/08 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
What about using a small powerball?

I think it would need to be seen as 'perminantly fixed' to pass SVA

you ever tried to remove a superglued rubber ball, how permanent does need to be? My Bluebirds ones come off with the lightest tug

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

richard

posted on 11/2/08 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
keep the ideas comming folks, maybe a few pictures of what people have done. Is it true that if I fit a block of material on the dashboard with the slots cut in it and the heater slider sticking through it in the correct places then the new block is taken as the surface that the 9 mm is measured from.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.