Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: New build
Harry

posted on 19/7/02 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
New build

Hi, everyone Ive just finished a total stripdown of a Sierra 2000i and will soon be commencing the build of my chassis I have been trawling thro the topics for a while now and they only serve to increase the amount of questions I have So hears my questions.
I would like to fit the engine complete with injection into my car how do i DO IT'
I didnt make a very good job of stripping the loom out and ended up with about 6 pieces but have all the connectors etc
Where do I find the two Eng Man.relays mentioned in the wiring diagram,I have the fuse box but cant ID the relays
Can anyone help with a simple wiring diagram for the injection side of the job.
I have purchased M.Dunns' CD Rom and intend using the the wiring layouts he shows and also the diff mods shown by M Keenan
I will be widening the chassis by 4"down to 2" at the front and making cockpit space 4" longer as I have a son who is 6'5" and built like a brick ....house
I am also looking at raising the height by 2" to give more romm for the engine and will be panelling the floors with ply to give a flat floor
This will raise a few comments im sure but keep them clean as my grandson can now read better than I can look forward to a few replies. Harry.

theconrodkid

posted on 19/7/02 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Harry,where are you,what year is the seirra is it sohc or tc,i got all the info at work and could do you a wiring diagram if you let me have all the info.
Harry

posted on 21/7/02 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
My engine is a SOHC out of a 88 GLS Ive put my tel no on your email and i'd really appreciate a diagram

cheers
Harry

merlin

posted on 21/7/02 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
I have an 1800 SOHC in a standard locost chassis and I am 6'2"! no probs so far (apart from lack of brakes John!!) Any questions? drop me an email.

shit happens! (but why always to me!!)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulbeyer

posted on 21/7/02 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Harry,
Take a look at the Robin Hood 2B group on Yahoo groups. I wouldn't recommend building one of the cars but a lot of the lads on that group are using injected pinto engines. There is even info on how to lower the injection system plenum chamber so it all fits under the bonnet. I'm building an MK Indy but I am a member of the Robin Hood group for all of the Pinto information and SVA experiences people share.

Harry

posted on 22/7/02 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks a lot guys for the info and i'll have a look at the Robin Hood Groups

Cheers
Harry

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.