Board logo

Oulton Trackday Nov'
adithorp - 31/8/13 at 08:45 PM

I've just booked on the Trackaction day at Oulton Park on the 8th Nov'.
Usually a good day and well organised by Steve and his team. It's also about the cheapest you'll ever get a full, open pit lane day at Oulton.

Anybody else fancy it?

bigfoot4616 - 31/8/13 at 08:52 PM

i'm in the same position as last year, if the engine's fixed(or replaced) by then i'll be there.

daniel mason - 31/8/13 at 09:13 PM

if the weathers ok i may book last minute.dont fancy doing it wet!

adithorp - 31/8/13 at 09:33 PM

It'll book up pretty quick (usually does). Dan, didn't you say you had a set of wets the other day in your tyre thread.

I've got a garage booked if anybody want to share.

Steve PH - 1/9/13 at 05:15 AM

Hi Fellas

Just saw this thread and wanted to say thanks to Adrian for posting it up

If any of you would like to join us them please add "LOCOST" to the comments box and if five book from on here then we'll draw a name out and give one refund, bit of a bonus for someone and a thanks to the club sites that help us to run these trackdays. If you are a previous driver and have one of our own club codes please choose one code to use - you don't get two freebies unless you book two places . If you've already booked and want to swap over to the LOCOST code please post up on here and I'll swap it over.

Hope a few of you can make it along.

Cheers

Steve H

daniel mason - 1/9/13 at 07:45 AM

hi there,how much is it? and if 5 from here agree to book then i would do it if we could split the refund between the 5 of us!
i do have wets but would only really use them in an emergency if it was to rain half way through the dey etc

daniel mason - 1/9/13 at 07:52 AM

at that price im in and will 2 cars fit in a garage adi? or do you get both bays if you book one? if i can share i will pay half eat blyton when i bring the tyres for you.

Steve PH - 1/9/13 at 10:13 AM

You get one bay when you book a garage, but it will take two cars no problem. If five book from one group we generally just draw one name at random and refund through Paypal etc but if you want to agree amongst yourselves that the winner will split it out thats no problem.

TBH we are pretty keenly priced anyway for the numbers that we run so hopefully its good value either way

NigeEss - 1/9/13 at 03:34 PM

Booked !

First one this year for the Scruff-o-cost

adithorp - 1/9/13 at 06:33 PM

We've had 3 Furys in one garage. It's a squeeze but and rarely do you have three in at once.

daniel mason - 1/9/13 at 09:05 PM

can i share with you adi and give you the cash at blyton? cheers

adithorp - 1/9/13 at 09:41 PM

No probs'.

daniel mason - 1/9/13 at 09:51 PM

booked and payed so up to now from locostbuilders;
daniel mason
adithorp
nigess.
2 more and we get a chunk back! absolute bargain for a circuit as good as oulton park. great circuit

gaz_gaz - 1/9/13 at 10:06 PM

Bit of a trek from the south coast but I've always fancied Oulton Park so go on then.

More than happy to share the free day out between all who book if that's the decision !

NigeEss - 1/9/13 at 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
booked and payed so up to now from locostbuilders;
daniel mason
adithorp
nigess.
2 more and we get a chunk back! absolute bargain for a circuit as good as oulton park. great circuit

Haven't had email confirmation yet though

daniel mason - 1/9/13 at 10:16 PM

gaz gaz, if you want to travel up on the thursday and need somewhere to stay,my couch is going spare!
only problem is you will have to drive an hour past oulton up the m6 to get to me. to drive back again in the morning!

gaz_gaz - 1/9/13 at 10:19 PM

That's a lovely offer Dan, i'll keep It in mind, thank you.

Booked up and confirmation email received!

unijacko67 - 1/9/13 at 10:23 PM

booked it also, cheers for the heads up Dan.

daniel mason - 1/9/13 at 10:26 PM

bang on guys!
dan mason
andrew jackson
nigess
adithorp
gaz gaz
that makes it £104 according to my shite maths!
and gaz gaz, it may seem a good deal but by the time me ,you and unijacko67 have spent the thursday night in the pub you'll probably wish you'd not bothered

Jon Ison - 1/9/13 at 10:33 PM

Not done Oulton this year so guess I should show an interest, anyone want to share a garage and book ?

gaz_gaz - 1/9/13 at 10:39 PM

I've not booked a garage jon, forgot about it, so I'd be up for sharing, saves me looking for you to borrow that little mirror from cadwell.

daniel mason - 1/9/13 at 10:40 PM

john, im sure we wouldnt mind splitting the refund way 6 ways if your up for it! i know i wouldnt mind anyway

dhutch - 2/9/13 at 05:17 AM

Interested and temped, although i dont get back from working in India till the weekend before, and the car wants week or twos work on it.... sooo. Still temped....! No, shouldnt. Temped... grrr. Near my parents house as well.

Daniel

daniel mason - 2/9/13 at 06:07 AM

do it dan! 10 places and i assume 2 x refunds? bargain

Steve PH - 2/9/13 at 06:28 AM

Yep, ten places is two refunds etc.

Please ensure that you use the LOCOST code when you book as these are the only places that can be counted towards the LOCOST refunds. We do a similar deal for our own previous drivers and for some other clubs but you can only use one code per booking so if you have more than one code you'll have to pick!

Great to see such a good turnout for this one.

Cheers

Steve H

welderman - 2/9/13 at 09:40 AM

oooh, if I could get the procomp ready then I might have a go too, busy at work, home etc but will see.

adithorp - 2/9/13 at 10:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by welderman
oooh, if I could get the procomp ready then I might have a go too, busy at work, home etc but will see.

Go on, you know you want to... All work and no play makes Joe a dull boy!

welderman - 2/9/13 at 10:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
quote:
Originally posted by welderman

Go on, you know you want to... All work and no play makes Joe a dull boy!

haha Ady, I will try

Jon Ison - 2/9/13 at 10:56 AM

all booked.

Gaz booked a garage your welcome to share.

Steve PH, locost code not working keeps saying invalid.

adithorp - 2/9/13 at 11:17 AM

Did you put it in the comments box? It won't work in the discount code box.

Jon Ison - 2/9/13 at 11:25 AM

Nah, never mind I put a note in there asking for garage next door to other locost lads so Im sure it will be picked up,

daniel mason - 2/9/13 at 05:02 PM

locost wouldnt work for me either so how do we get the discount? ive booked and payed last night but never put a code in?
please could you swap it to locost please steve? thanks

[Edited on 2/9/13 by daniel mason]

eddie99 - 2/9/13 at 05:04 PM

I might come and do it too... Pretty cheap for the track! Im looking at £300 for a trackday there next week

gaz_gaz - 2/9/13 at 05:09 PM

quote:
locost wouldnt work for me either so how do we get the discount? ive booked and payed last night but never put a code in?
please could you swap it to locost please steve? thanks

[Edited on 2/9/13 by daniel mason]

As I underdtood it.

You just write "locost" into the comments box.
Thats what I done anyway

adithorp - 2/9/13 at 06:14 PM

It goes in the comments box not the discount code box.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve PH

...please add "LOCOST" to the comments box...

...If you've already booked and want to swap over to the LOCOST code please post up on here and I'll swap it...

Cheers

Steve H

Steve PH - 2/9/13 at 06:51 PM

Yep, that's sorted for Daniel, Jon was already spotted by Phil who runs the days with me - he does the main admin stuff.

If anyone else thinks that they have done it wrong please shout up!

For garages we always group together anyone who has booked with the same club codes so that's no problem.

daniel mason - 2/9/13 at 08:28 PM

cheers steve. thanks for organising at such a great circuit for a very reasonable price!

adithorp - 2/9/13 at 08:46 PM

Can you swap my booking from TOAL to LOCOST Steve. Thanks

Steve PH - 2/9/13 at 08:50 PM

Done

gaz_gaz - 3/9/13 at 08:05 AM

So how many do we have confirmed from here?
Looks like its going to be a good turnout.

NigeEss - 3/9/13 at 10:57 AM

I count seven.

Steve PH - 3/9/13 at 12:57 PM

I've got six LOCOSTs on our our list at the moment. Should get double figures hopefully.

gaz_gaz - 3/9/13 at 10:17 PM

Oops, got back from holiday this evening, dropped the bags indoors and went to the garage to grab a beer from the beer fridge.
It then hit me, I broke my engine and I don't currently have 1 in the car, completely forgot about it, best I get mending!!

NigeEss - 3/9/13 at 10:27 PM

Join the club Gaz, I bust the gearbox at Anglesey months ago, bought a replacement but it's still sat in the shed

unijacko67 - 3/9/13 at 10:29 PM

Ive got loads to do inc rolling road Thursday, corner weights and set-up Friday. Axle out and off for re-build Saturday, not to mention a tone of little finishing jobs, hope that makes you feel a bit better. Cheers

gaz_gaz - 3/9/13 at 10:34 PM

Cheers guys, I'll leave the toolboxes shut tonight then, safe in the knowledge I'm not alone!

daniel mason - 5/9/13 at 04:08 PM

hi there a friend of mine and andrew jackson has also booked with locost so steven wright will be joining the party!

unijacko67 - 29/9/13 at 06:38 PM

How many locosters have we got now, cos Steve might have a couple of mates thinking about it. Is anyone camping?

daniel mason - 29/9/13 at 07:15 PM

ill not be camping andrew. its not too far for us. and there are spaces available i think. im trying to sort out a car for craig with a shared drive as its only £35 for an extra driver when sharing. ill probably set off around 05:45am to get there around 07:45

unijacko67 - 29/9/13 at 07:38 PM

I'm pretty sure we will be camping, its a good crack and a later start. I think there's a travel lodge and pub close by.

daniel mason - 29/9/13 at 07:57 PM

id strongly advise you ditch the carlsberg if you do
not sure whether the circuit will be open the night before so a travel lodge may be your best bet. and i may be up for that!

unijacko67 - 29/9/13 at 08:09 PM

Good shout, I'll find out. I may just set off early if there's no camping.

bigfoot4616 - 29/9/13 at 08:17 PM

my engine wont be fixed by then so i'll not be driving. planning on coming down for an hour or 2 though.

gaz_gaz - 31/10/13 at 06:27 PM

Is anyone staying in a hotel/b&b the night before this?
I'm travelling up from the South coast and don't fancy an early morning start!

unijacko67 - 31/10/13 at 06:39 PM

u2u sent.

gaz_gaz - 31/10/13 at 07:00 PM

thanks mate

daniel mason - 31/10/13 at 08:15 PM

send me info jacko! is there a bar? if so, i hope jane gives you a maximum of £10
may well stop over too if theres a few of us!

gaz_gaz - 31/10/13 at 08:48 PM

Hotel booked.

Got a discount code that knocked a fiver off if you decide to book Dan. Every little helps

daniel mason - 31/10/13 at 09:03 PM

which one gaz? would be nice to have a bite to eat and a couple of beers

unijacko67 - 31/10/13 at 10:17 PM

u2u sent Dan, £10 aint gona get me poo faced.

Steve PH - 1/11/13 at 07:30 AM

We've got one refund to hand over to you guys, looking at the thread it looks like you are all happy for this to just be split between you but if that isn't the case please shout up asap!

If you are OK with that then I need a nominated member please to hand it over to on the day (you can do the maths and divvying yourselves ).

Jon Ison - 1/11/13 at 04:33 PM

How many locostbuilder types are there ?

It would handsomely cover lunch, just one idea ?

Gaz Gaz if you get there before me as we agreed your welcome to share the garage should be one with my name on it. ( if I'm really good I will remember the kettle and the vending machine bovrils) perfect for a November track day.

Steve PH - 1/11/13 at 05:47 PM

I had eight on my list but I think one may have cancelled. Good effort either way and we've got about the same again from the WSCC so should be a decent contingent of se7ens

daniel mason - 1/11/13 at 05:50 PM

think theres a few of us jon! are you stopping over for a few beers or travelling on the friday! also adi has a garage and im happy to share and pay half with him as previously discussed or with you or gaz! cheers

gaz_gaz - 1/11/13 at 06:13 PM

Thanks Jon.
Looking forward to this now.
Just hoping for a break with the weather

Jon Ison - 1/11/13 at 06:21 PM

Current forecast is ok considering it's November, will be traveling over Friday am as swimbo's in hospital Thursday for a examination under sedation so she cant drive home thurs evening, (should i book her a taxi?) otherwise I would partake in a few bevys and overnight stay, next year.

Jon Ison - 5/11/13 at 09:48 AM

NigeEss - 5/11/13 at 10:12 AM

Won't be using slicks then !

adithorp - 5/11/13 at 01:27 PM

quote:
We've got one refund to hand over to you guys, looking at the thread it looks like you are all happy for this to just be split between you but if that isn't the case please shout up asap!

If you are OK with that then I need a nominated member please to hand it over to on the day (you can do the maths and divvying yourselves ).

I'm still happy to split the refund between us... it though seeing as that was Dans suggestion I think he should be landed with the legwork

Paul AS - 5/11/13 at 01:57 PM

Good Luck with the weather guys - it's a bit of a moveable feast at the minute.

I "drove" Oulton last Wednesday in similar conditions and the lack of grip in sheltered corners was scary. It had rained overnight but stayed dry in the morning. The track was very slippery everywhere first thing, but a drying line as the laps went by made it easier, except at Druids and Lodge

I spun three times coming out of Druids - no grip mid corner! Even when I drove it in a Clio sport on road tyres it was very "mobile".

Sadly the third spin was expensive as the tyre marks into the inside barrier will prove!

Take care boys and girls!

adithorp - 5/11/13 at 02:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul AS
Good Luck with the weather guys - it's a bit of a moveable feast at the minute.

I "drove" Oulton last Wednesday in similar conditions and the lack of grip in sheltered corners was scary. It had rained overnight but stayed dry in the morning. The track was very slippery everywhere first thing, but a drying line as the laps went by made it easier, except at Druids and Lodge

I spun three times coming out of Druids - no grip mid corner! Even when I drove it in a Clio sport on road tyres it was very "mobile".

Sadly the third spin was expensive as the tyre marks into the inside barrier will prove!

Take care boys and girls!

Been there, done that... at this very event 3-4 years ago. Three cars went off that day... on the sighting laps. At least the rest of us waited for the actual open track. I've never gone through Druids full tilt yet.

Jon Ison - 5/11/13 at 04:39 PM

There you go, if it carry's on like this it will be 20 degrees n full sun...............

adithorp - 5/11/13 at 04:55 PM

...and I'll still be using the safe line through Druids rather than the quick one.

Met office still has heavy showers PM.

Jon Ison - 5/11/13 at 04:58 PM

is that with bump or without ?

Paul AS - 5/11/13 at 07:11 PM

quote:

...and I'll still be using the safe line through Druids rather than the quick one.

I didn't know there was one in the wet!! Wish I had done!

adithorp - 5/11/13 at 07:46 PM

There may well be better but I use...

Turn in late, miss first apex, shallow line through second, get it straight BEFORE the bump/hump and surface change (thats what catches most out) feather the throttle until over the hump... hope nobody is watching.

daniel mason - 5/11/13 at 09:36 PM

easiest way to split it is if i give you guys £10 each and ill pocket the rest

welderman - 5/11/13 at 10:52 PM

quote:
easiest way to split it is if i give you guys £10 each and ill pocket the rest

Good luck chaps. Hope it stays dry for you.

Here is said bump. Just before ady went off
http://youtu.be/t_vMX-nrgE8

[Edited on 5/11/13 by welderman]

unijacko67 - 6/11/13 at 12:02 AM

It would be more fun to have a draw for the free place, no messing about. only my opinion like. The person with the free run will obviously have to take some serious banter.

daniel mason - 6/11/13 at 12:14 AM

thats fine by me jacko! youll probably win it anyway

Steve PH - 6/11/13 at 06:22 AM

OK, free place is how we generally do this so is there any objections to doing it that way?

adithorp - 6/11/13 at 09:18 AM

Fine by me.

Jon Ison - 6/11/13 at 09:37 AM

provided the winner does 3 laps in the buff

(on a pushbike)

Steve PH - 6/11/13 at 10:35 AM

I'm not enforcing that one

There have been a couple of cancelations, if anyone wants a place please shout up.

[Edited on 6/11/13 by Steve PH]

Jon Ison - 6/11/13 at 12:38 PM

Why ever not, you know it makes sense....................

Bovril, hot chocolate, Dow Egbert's coffee n kettle just smuggled into van, if its cold kettle may be very popular.

keith777 - 6/11/13 at 11:51 PM

Forecast looks good, is it open to the public,
I've got Friday off

unijacko67 - 7/11/13 at 12:02 AM

Its open to the public, no fee on gate either. Cafe and plenty of view points.

welderman - 7/11/13 at 08:04 AM

Wish I could get time off and watch

im normally there on track in a car of some sort

adithorp - 7/11/13 at 10:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by keith777
Forecast looks good, is it open to the public,
I've got Friday off

If you bring a helmet and pay for a passenger wristband I'm sure you could blag a few rides.

DanG - 7/11/13 at 10:27 AM

I will be coming over to watch.

Should be good.

Jon Ison - 7/11/13 at 01:16 PM

here you go..................

adithorp - 7/11/13 at 02:06 PM

Bring your waterproofs. It's Oulton in November.

...and the met office says rain showers.

Jon Ison - 7/11/13 at 02:08 PM

That will be the same met office that had most of the UK battened down the other Monday ?

Waterproofs are never out of the van, unless Im wearing them of course.

unijacko67 - 9/11/13 at 10:24 AM

Did we all enjoy it then, I certainly did as I was a bit worried about stacking it if it had been wet. It was my first time at Oulton & getting used to the Kitten in the damp/wet is taking me some time.

I don't know if this is normal, but I seem to run out of energy/guts/balls/ on the day and feel pretty relived when the car's back on the trailer in one piece and now after a good rest I wish I'd not packed up as soon. Scabby Dan Mason took the free place which couldn't have gone to a more sound or helpful chap. Cheers.

adithorp - 9/11/13 at 10:58 AM

You left too soon. Sun came out, track dried and we ran until it went dark.

The kitten looked a lot more sorted than it did at Blyton and got a lot of attention.

gaz_gaz - 9/11/13 at 11:09 AM

My first time at Oulton and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
What a fun last couple of hrs when the sun came out,
Really nice to meet some of you guys at last, and thanks for the Bovril Jon

unijacko67 - 9/11/13 at 11:10 AM

Kicking myself even more now, but I still enjoyed it. Its gona take me a while to get into it all and the cold and damp doesn't help for the essential pit crew, wife and kids, lol sat in the van. Cheers.

daniel mason - 9/11/13 at 11:14 AM

i wanted it wetter to get used to the car with limited grip. on the wets i had no real issues at all in those conditions but didnt push hard at any point.just coasted through druids at 60mph off throttle as i new it was more than comfortable at that speed. never got on the throttle again until past the hump!

unijacko67 - 9/11/13 at 12:32 PM

The car's a lot better with the present set-up, I think previous set-up has made me a bit over cautious although I did have one spin in the morning, thanks Adi

adithorp - 9/11/13 at 12:53 PM

Short vid' of a session at the end of the day following SteveH until someone managed to cause a red flag... no names though.
Good dry line meant finally using the throttle but the light was a bit challenging. Hall bend exit was completely blind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1kQnMgaQlE

daniel mason - 9/11/13 at 01:06 PM

you always look so smooth and never seem to get out of shape!

gaz_gaz - 9/11/13 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Short vid' of a session at the end of the day following SteveH until someone managed to cause a red flag... no names though.
Good dry line meant finally using the throttle but the light was a bit challenging. Hall bend exit was completely blind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1kQnMgaQlE

nice video. the clipping and exit point of hall bend was a bit of challenge towards the end of the day.

sorry about the red flag,
as i thought it was a fuel pressure problem caused by..... erm

no fuel

daniel mason - 9/11/13 at 06:22 PM

i ran out of fuel last time i was there half way round knicker brook and ended up beeched on the grass on the exit of the corner! red flag for me and had to be towed back to pits! thats the problem with no fuel gauge

Steve PH - 9/11/13 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz

no fuel

If only I'd mentioned in briefing to keep an eye on that

Nice video Adi, I didn't get much lappage in yesterday so it was good to have someone pushing me round to help me get on it a bit

adithorp - 9/11/13 at 07:23 PM

quote:
quote:

no fuel

Nice video Adi, I didn't get much lappage in yesterday so it was good to have someone pushing me round to help me get on it a bit

Don't know about pushing you, more like hanging on by my finger nails. Never been able to stay with you for more than a couple of bends before though.

gaz_gaz - 9/11/13 at 08:07 PM

quote:
quote:

no fuel

i know i know, i can only apologise.
i hadn't thought about the increased fuel consumption as the track dried.
I used 30 litres between 10am and 3pm and 20 litres between 3pm and 4pm
next job is a fuel light.

Jon Ison - 9/11/13 at 08:34 PM

Think I may have helped you use a bit of that in the afternoon, great day better afternoon, Dan you should have stuck it out.

daniel mason - 9/11/13 at 08:45 PM

i was wanting it wetter mate. need to learn how to get the best out of it in the wet. in the dry the grip is endless but,in the wet it needs real care due to its stiffness. i altered a few settings after you shot past me in the morning,and it really helped my lap times improve. although i didnt even try through druids.

Steve PH - 9/11/13 at 09:08 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

no fuel

Don't know about pushing you, more like hanging on by my finger nails. Never been able to stay with you for more than a couple of bends before though.

Glad to know you were trying

gaz_gaz - 18/11/13 at 04:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Think I may have helped you use a bit of that in the afternoon, great day better afternoon, Dan you should have stuck it out.

not great as it appears i picked up a bug but a video following Jon, which was alot of fun. I have 1 following Adi but its quite short as he drives off into the distance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URBu_f3Yn6U&feature=youtube_gdata