Board logo

Track day on the Silverstone South circuit. Any good?
smart51 - 13/8/08 at 03:42 PM

What's the silverstone south circuit like for a track day in a seven? Its the south half of the formula 1 circuit with a road that cuts accross the the corner before the hangar straight?

Is is a long, wide, straight circuit with only fast corners or does it suit a seven well?

There's a track day there in September for £149 which sounds quite reasonable.

trottski - 13/8/08 at 03:53 PM

I was there last Thursday in a R1'd MK. It was a lot of fun despite looking pretty straight on paper.

Here's a video http://www.vimeo.com/1491967

TimC - 13/8/08 at 04:22 PM

Two questions Colin:
1. Who's it with?
2. What's the noise limit?

Cheers.

trottski - 13/8/08 at 04:26 PM

1. Circuit days - the same people I did it with last week: http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/event_details.php?venue_id=&event_id=176

2. 105db drive by - no static test (Unless you fail the drive by some how, I guess)

TimC - 13/8/08 at 04:35 PM

Silverstone or Mallory? Hmm.

smart51 - 13/8/08 at 08:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC

Mallory doesn't have many car track days. I've been to the September day in the last two years and enjoyed it. I like the little circuit. This year they're not doing half days so £169 for the full day seems a bit steep for a such a small place. Half a day is just right there.

£149 for half of Silverstone sounds more reasonable.

charlierevell - 13/8/08 at 08:03 PM

Can do Brands Indy for £99 in November!

andylancaster3000 - 13/8/08 at 11:17 PM

The south circuit is where we did the shakedown run. Although it looks a little dull on paper I found it quite fun. Good mix of fast and slow corners and reasonably challenging.

aka Keith - 15/8/08 at 08:29 AM

Has anyone on here signed up for this yet?

[Edited on 15/8/08 by aka Keith]

TimC - 15/8/08 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by smart51
quote:
Originally posted by TimC

Mallory doesn't have many car track days. I've been to the September day in the last two years and enjoyed it. I like the little circuit. This year they're not doing half days so £169 for the full day seems a bit steep for a such a small place. Half a day is just right there.

£149 for half of Silverstone sounds more reasonable.

I think I'll aim for Silverstone. I did the GOME event at Mallory and I think trackday rules (passing by consent etc) will mean that I just don't have as much as the last event I did there. I just need to make a bit more progress on the car to be sure before I spend my cash.

smart51 - 19/8/08 at 06:42 PM

I've just booked this. Anyone else going?

aka Keith - 2/9/08 at 02:20 PM

woo hooo

just managed to get on this.

just praying for good weather now!