Board logo

Events calendar
flak monkey - 18/8/08 at 08:04 PM

Does anyone else think it would be good to have an online shared calendar that events/meets could be listed on so you could just look and see whats coming up?

Or is it just me?

David

charlierevell - 18/8/08 at 08:10 PM

You what...

Ooops sorry, got lost in the Avatar.

But yes, CRACKING idea! We could put our 2 monthly meets on there!

flak monkey - 18/8/08 at 08:22 PM

Something such as this for instance:

http://freecal.brownbearsw.com/Locost

Click on a date to add an event. Bit like outlook. Set recurrances etc. (Please dont put a load of junk on it )

Thought it would be a useful place for people to look as a quick reminder, if it gets used maybe the thread could be stickied?

David

matt.c - 18/8/08 at 08:29 PM

Looks good mate. I need something like this to remind me of whats on as my brain is like a sieve at times. Maybe i might even be able to arange to go to one of the events.

bob - 18/8/08 at 08:38 PM

Hello David

Been mentioned a fair few times in the past,its really down to chrisw to get it sorted so maybe a mass u2u or email might do it

flak monkey - 18/8/08 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bob
Hello David

Been mentioned a fair few times in the past,its really down to chrisw to get it sorted so maybe a mass u2u or email might do it

Whats wrong with using a free online one?

Both the MR2 OCs have ones integrated into the Forums, but if thats too much hassle for Chris, then a linked one could be just as good?

JUD - 18/8/08 at 09:38 PM

Free one looks great. All you need is a sticky in the Events forum so everybody can find it easy enough...

Perhaps Chris/Fozzie can sort you a sticky David?

flak monkey - 21/8/08 at 07:46 PM

No one else think this is worth doing?

Macbeast - 21/8/08 at 08:23 PM

Yes I do - great idea. As long as it's kept up to date, including cancellations.

It needs telephone numbers and postcodes if possible.

You have to decide - can anyone add stuff, or is it just the diary monitor ?

flak monkey - 22/8/08 at 05:24 AM

Anyone can add stuff.