Board logo

Pedal space... or lack of
Eternal - 4/7/10 at 05:50 PM

Anyone here know how much space you realistically need for pedals? As my tunnel needs to be a bit large.

Would 25.5mm be to little? I have size 10 1/2 feet and will have driving shoes lol Will be going in a haynes roadster with a long engine bay stretch.

fesycresy - 4/7/10 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eternal
Anyone here know how much space you realistically need for pedals? As my tunnel needs to be a bit large.

Would 25.5mm be to little? I have size 10 1/2 feet and will have driving shoes lol Will be going in a haynes roadster with a long engine bay stretch.

Defo think an inch would be too little

Eternal - 4/7/10 at 05:57 PM

hahaha ops ment 255mm

fesycresy - 4/7/10 at 05:58 PM

For my size 13's I need 300mm and then correctly space the pedals.

speedyxjs - 4/7/10 at 06:08 PM

My gearbox has a massive bellhousing so i did this with mine.

Just shaped the side panel to fit round the bellhousing to make a foot rest.

Eternal - 4/7/10 at 06:13 PM

im being a bit naughty with my one. Im dropping the rb25det gearbox and using a rb25de bellhousing and a s14/15 gearbox lol saves loads of space that way. I think i can get away with 26.5mm so can probably use the premade mt75 pedal box's humm going to be tight.

Eternal - 4/7/10 at 06:34 PM

With MT75 box tunnel. Think that will work ok

BenB - 4/7/10 at 06:34 PM

Converse basketball boots are good because they have no extra material IE they're only a tiny bit bigger than bare feet. Good feel with them too....

Hellfire - 4/7/10 at 07:19 PM

If foot space is at a premium, get some proper racing boots - soles are smaller that footprint giving you maximum clearance.

Something like

Available from all good sport supply shops - Demon Tweeks, Merlin Motorsports etc...

Steve

austin man - 4/7/10 at 09:23 PM

cant you offset the tunnel to take up a little more space from the passenger side

b16mts - 4/7/10 at 09:28 PM

I use the standard sierra pedal box in a tiger, and the only way i can select independant pedal with my size 13's is this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OMP-Competizione-Kart-Race-Boot-41-7-Blue-BNIB-PJ-1-/200488171508?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts _Accessories_ET&hash=item2eae06b7f4

best performance part i've bought!

Martin

Eternal - 5/7/10 at 08:42 AM

Nice stuff. Have left the drivers side untacked so can move it when my manual gearbox arives. im using a auto box atm but the bellhousing is the same for both. only downside is the gearbox is long and the dif is quite long as well so going to have a stupidly short prop lol. 265mm will be ok i think but every mm i can get extra is a bonus.

Liam - 5/7/10 at 02:21 PM

I've done something similar to Speedy - bulge in the footwell for extra pedal space...

removable footwell panel
removable footwell panel