Board logo

Headturner.
bobinspain - 21/1/12 at 07:31 PM

We unloaded my Indy at Amtella de Mar yesterday. We (MK boys and me) delivered it to the importer for him to
do what's required to get it road registerd here. Cheap? no! Sensible? no! Worth it? Yep.
Judging by by the way every pedestrian who saw/heard the car came to a halt when clocked it, it'll cut
a dash wherever it goes.
Even more importantly, I'm looking forward to giving to giving it 'big licks.' Yahoo!

Xtreme Kermit - 21/1/12 at 07:38 PM

Good times!

danny keenan - 21/1/12 at 10:18 PM

glad you ae happy with the car bob.thanks for helping baz on his way.just to let you no the made it to the ferry with 10 mins before it left the docks.any questions you have just ask me.

thanks danny

welderman - 22/1/12 at 01:06 AM

We want pictures

Gti6boy - 22/1/12 at 01:36 AM

It's because of your car, half the bits of my car are for sale

bobinspain - 22/1/12 at 01:42 PM

Piccies will be forthcoming as soon as I get it back from the importer.
Med' in the background and all that malarkey.
You'll be stalled off with 'em by the time I've finished.

bobinspain - 1/2/12 at 01:42 PM

Latest update is that my car sailed through ITV: roadworthiness (for Spanish rules), emissions and noise-limits yesterday at the first attempt.
Thanks to my importer and liaison with the lads at MK who delivered the car and were on hand to answer 'daft' questions whenever required (often). Plus a fair bit of belt 'n' braces pre-planning. As they say, PPPPPPPP.

Just awaiting Spanish plates and final paperwork now.

welderman - 1/2/12 at 01:55 PM

eeeek bet your excited, spoke to my Dad yesterday, it was 22 deg in malaga

scootz - 1/2/12 at 02:04 PM

whitestu - 1/2/12 at 02:17 PM

Excellent - should be great fun!

Stu

easisatman - 1/2/12 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bobinspain
Latest update is that my car sailed through ITV: roadworthiness (for Spanish rules), emissions and noise-limits yesterday at the first attempt.
Thanks to my importer and liaison with the lads at MK who delivered the car and were on hand to answer 'daft' questions whenever required (often). Plus a fair bit of belt 'n' braces pre-planning. As they say, PPPPPPPP.

Just awaiting Spanish plates and final paperwork now.

Great stuff how long did they reckon on plates etc

all the best
Paul

bobinspain - 1/2/12 at 08:27 PM

Trafico are slow, but road tax and number plates aren't a problem, (couple of days).
The admin (which is a formality), now ITV is passed and engineers' report is to hand concerns importation.
With insurance and the above, I can legally drive it, but I may as well dot the 'i's and cross the 't's this late in the day. (Chris reckons next friday at the latest).
Weather 16c and sunny today, but forecast to drop to 10c daytime and -1c night over the next few days. One consolation is that records show february as the driest month of the year.

easisatman - 1/2/12 at 09:29 PM

Weather 16c and sunny today, but forecast to drop to 10c daytime and -1c night over the next few days. One consolation is that records show february as the driest month of the year.

well its just started to snow here in Barca so quite wet and cold yuk

bobinspain - 7/2/12 at 05:22 PM

Car now on Spanish plates.
Collecting it thurs pm.
Just thawing out from the 20km round trip to have the quad itv'd. Blowing a hoolie and 9c.
Roll on springtime. To think it was 20c three weeks ago.

bobinspain - 9/2/12 at 05:19 PM

Just driven the car home about 100km.
Bonkers-mental-rapido! I only used about half throttle too.
Shakedown tomorrow and big shine-up and then I'll try and get some pics posted.
The crackling sound of the exhaust on over-run about 2 feet away from my left ear is surreal!
It makes my old Lotus 340-R seem pedestrian by comparison.

Sundowner time now. Cheers

easisatman - 9/2/12 at 06:09 PM

ha ha roll on the good weather!!!! going through tunnels sounds great as well

looking forward to seeing the pics good luck
Paul

Nash - 9/2/12 at 08:32 PM

Come on Bob. No piccies didn't happen fella.

.......... Neil

Custardpants - 10/2/12 at 12:29 PM

PICS!!!

Jealous of the spanish weather - mines probably not coming out for a while - despite the pure of the hindhead tunnel down the road...put some pics up! With the map the same as mine try lifting off at approx. 80 mph in 6th gear, you'll get a big blue and yellow flame every time next to your hip - which will be even better to see from the left seat.

bobinspain - 11/2/12 at 10:33 AM

Pics will be forthcoming today, (nice 'n' sunny), but will be of the car on the driveway.

I need to have a bash at sorting out the fuel float-arm. Gauge reads a half when the tank's full to the gunnels, so consequently, now it's reading 'empty', it's anywhere between a half and fumes, and I don't want to refuel to have to drain it for the 'fix.'

Additionally, I've taken the precaution of 'shimming' the driveway/road interface to prevent grounding when driving into/out of the drive. As a temporary job, I've used lengths of floor-board to fill the gap. (it's like an inverted 'V' shape). The reason I cant fill it with concrete is that it prevents storm-water cascading down the driveway. I've ordered some steel plate which I can bolt to the deck that'll hopefully do the job.
Putting down a dozen planks of every time I take the car out will be a ball-acher.

adithorp - 11/2/12 at 10:58 AM

Nice one.

Be carefull of that sound-track. It might seem good now but you'll hear it less once the tinitus kicks in; ear plugs are your friend. If you get the ones with a string linking them, it's easy to pull one out and leave it hanging around your neck when there's a tunnel

easisatman - 11/2/12 at 01:45 PM

Additionally, I've taken the precaution of 'shimming' the driveway/road interface to prevent grounding when driving into/out of the drive. As a temporary job, I've used lengths of floor-board to fill the gap. (it's like an inverted 'V' shape). The reason I cant fill it with concrete is that it prevents storm-water cascading down the driveway. I've ordered some steel plate which I can bolt to the deck that'll hopefully do the job.
Putting down a dozen planks of every time I take the car out will be a ball-acher.

Ha ha Know the feeling I had to redo the driveway loads more concrete, and outside the gate I have to use a shuttering board to drive over "the things we do"

bobinspain - 11/2/12 at 03:21 PM

Car 1
Car 1

More photos in Photoarchive.

[Edited on 11/2/12 by bobinspain]

fullpint - 11/2/12 at 05:01 PM

I do like your expensive wooden car ramp Would look much nicer if it was white

PAUL FISHER - 11/2/12 at 10:32 PM

Thats one great looking Indy

Irony - 12/2/12 at 09:30 AM

What gauge pod is that if you don't mind me asking?

bobinspain - 12/2/12 at 09:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Irony
What gauge pod is that if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all.
The main dials are from the Gen2 Busa, with savage switches below.
The 'power switch' is the gated aircraft type with pushbutton start.
There's a gear-selection indicator and an oil pressure gauge, straight in my eyeline behind the wheel.
MK put it together for me after I'd 'cherry picked' what I liked from other peoples' cars.

Regards, Bob.

bobinspain - 17/2/12 at 08:22 AM

Only been out in the car 4 times so far. Had it a week.

First impressions are:

1. Bloody quick and easy to snake the back end with a tad too much 'loud pedal' in all gears but 6th. (air temp 12-16c). The rpm range is surreal, coming from a diesel tin-top. Not gone above 8,000rpm yet.

2. The bike gearbox takes a bit of getting used to. The clunkyness would be more disconcerting if I hadn't watched (and listened to) loads of footage of other becs in action. Got a Flatshifter Pro fitted. I'm using the clutch for downshifts. Clutchless upshifts still seem a bit 'brutal' though effective.

3. Getting into first from second is a bit of a 'black art' as the gilpro indicates 0 (neutral), so I let the clutch out, only to find I'm still in gear, so stall the engine. (Looking like a complete tw*t in the middle of traffic. Heigh-ho, so what's new?). I need to use the Busa dial (yellow light) to double check I'm in neutral.

4. The Busa gear selector reads '5' (a default position I think) which was disconcerting at first, but I just ignore it now.

5. I occasionally get a red light illuminated at the bottom right of the rev-counter for no apparent reason. (I don't think I've over revved, unless inadvertently). Swithching the engine off and back on again gets rid of it.

I've spoken to MK (being wary of cocking something up) and the above doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Any observations and comments from Busa boys would be gratefully received.

Regards, Bob.

whitestu - 17/2/12 at 09:04 AM

quote:

I haven't been out more than that in the past 12 months!

bobinspain - 17/2/12 at 09:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
quote:

Two observations whitestu.

1. The sun shines here.

2. I plan on trying to get 'my money's worth.' and the clock's ticking---(OAP next year and clambering in and out won't get any easier).

Stott - 17/2/12 at 12:53 PM

quote:

First impressions are:

1. Bloody quick and easy to snake the back end with a tad too much 'loud pedal' in all gears but 6th. (air temp 12-16c). The rpm range is surreal, coming from a diesel tin-top. Not gone above 8,000rpm yet.

2. The bike gearbox takes a bit of getting used to. The clunkyness would be more disconcerting if I hadn't watched (and listened to) loads of footage of other becs in action. Got a Flatshifter Pro fitted. I'm using the clutch for downshifts. Clutchless upshifts still seem a bit 'brutal' though effective.

3. Getting into first from second is a bit of a 'black art' as the gilpro indicates 0 (neutral), so I let the clutch out, only to find I'm still in gear, so stall the engine. (Looking like a complete tw*t in the middle of traffic. Heigh-ho, so what's new?). I need to use the Busa dial (yellow light) to double check I'm in neutral.

4. The Busa gear selector reads '5' (a default position I think) which was disconcerting at first, but I just ignore it now.

5. I occasionally get a red light illuminated at the bottom right of the rev-counter for no apparent reason. (I don't think I've over revved, unless inadvertently). Swithching the engine off and back on again gets rid of it.

I've spoken to MK (being wary of cocking something up) and the above doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Any observations and comments from Busa boys would be gratefully received.

Regards, Bob.

The light is probably the fi light, it's because of the flatshifter dipping the revs. My gsxr tho engine does it too, if you use the clutch up and down it stays off, as soon as you do a flatshift it lights, nothing to worry about

Hth
Stott

easisatman - 17/2/12 at 02:28 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
quote:

Two observations whitestu.

1. The sun shines here.

2. I plan on trying to get 'my money's worth.' and the clock's ticking---(OAP next year and clambering in and out won't get any easier).

Ha Ha Yeh nice day here yesterday I had a quick scream round after renewing the petrol hose (old one perishing I suppose its all the sun we get!!!) Bob I put some pics in my archive of using shuttering to get your car up the high kerb stones they seem to love here!! how many times did you stall it? becs take some getting used to and everything seems quite brutal !!but you will get used to it

regards
Paul

bobinspain - 17/2/12 at 04:36 PM

Paul, you really don't want to know how many times I stalled it on our driveway !!!

Just come in from pratting around doing a permanent job to get the driveway negotiable for the car. The planks were gash and very hit and miss, so I've gone for steel plates (2), cut and bent to give ramps which now give me about 2cm clearance on the way out. (Long story, but the drive is asymmetric, so I've ended with 2 ramps on one side and none on the other. I've got bricks and planks under the ramps for support and after a half-dozen runs and three times as many stalls, me and a pal have got just about the best geometry achievable.

We're gonna lay asphalt under the ramps, having stihled out grooves to accept the plates and coach-bolted them down. (Civil engineering??)

Knackered so can't be ar$ed to even go out for a blip. (manana).

Stott. Thanks for that. Yep, it is indeed the F1 light.

Sundowner time boys. Cheers.

Stott - 17/2/12 at 06:13 PM

FI - Fault Indication

ATB
Stott

kemills1 - 19/2/12 at 07:04 PM

Hi Bob,
As a new member to this forum I wanted to say hello and I'm very interested to hear about your experience with getting your car registered in Spain. I've been living in Spain for about 4 years now and I bought my Fisher Fury with me but I've not got it registered yet. Russell Whitehouse suggested I speak with you and that maybe you could help.
BTW, your MK looks great! (in the sunshine!)

Kev.

easisatman - 19/2/12 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Paul, you really don't want to know how many times I stalled it on our driveway !!!

Just come in from pratting around doing a permanent job to get the driveway negotiable for the car. The planks were gash and very hit and miss, so I've gone for steel plates (2), cut and bent to give ramps which now give me about 2cm clearance on the way out. (Long story, but the drive is asymmetric, so I've ended with 2 ramps on one side and none on the other. I've got bricks and planks under the ramps for support and after a half-dozen runs and three times as many stalls, me and a pal have got just about the best geometry achievable.

We're gonna lay asphalt under the ramps, having stihled out grooves to accept the plates and coach-bolted them down. (Civil engineering??)

Knackered so can't be ar$ed to even go out for a blip. (manana).

Stott. Thanks for that. Yep, it is indeed the F1 light.

Sundowner time boys. Cheers.

Ha ha I know the feeling took me day to get out of the drive with all the stalling. But you do get used to it eventually!!!

had mine for 3 years now and just about getting there

bobinspain - 19/2/12 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kemills1
Hi Bob,
As a new member to this forum I wanted to say hello and I'm very interested to hear about your experience with getting your car registered in Spain. I've been living in Spain for about 4 years now and I bought my Fisher Fury with me but I've not got it registered yet. Russell Whitehouse suggested I speak with you and that maybe you could help.
BTW, your MK looks great! (in the sunshine!)

Kev.

Kev, You'll see from my threads on here that, to say the least, it's been a voyage of discovery.'
Russ spoke to me last night and has a lot of 'gen.' I'm sure he'll pass it on.
Anything to do with getting a car matriculated here in Spain, I'd use Chris Dann at carimportinspain, he's a wizard.

[Edited on 19/2/12 by bobinspain]

ross05 - 20/2/12 at 08:25 AM

How is the new toy?

had a little ride in Kevins Fury,it didn·t disappoint. A very well put together car with all the right bits!! glad the breaks worked!!

thanks for the info the other night,passed it all onto Kevin so we should see a Fury on the road soon.

cheers Russ

never forget:never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobinspain - 20/2/12 at 08:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ross05
How is the new toy?

had a little ride in Kevins Fury,it didn·t disappoint. A very well put together car with all the right bits!! glad the breaks worked!!

thanks for the info the other night,passed it all onto Kevin so we should see a Fury on the road soon.

cheers Russ

U2U sent Russ.

never forget:never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!