Board logo

Good news for beccers - you've been right all along!
bitsilly - 8/3/09 at 07:36 PM

Haven't posted for a while as I have been obsessed with finding a good Caterham to relpace my R1 Vortex.
I have test driven a few including an old R500 and today a CSR as my budget has increased during my search!
The good news is, in case anyone apart from me didn't know it is............, my humble BEC was more fun than the Caterhams.
The quality of a newish or well cared for Caterham is superb and if I had millions I would buy a new R500 BUT my budget had to increase massively to get a fast Caterham and although the CSR was great it felt very heavy and I missed the sequential box.
However, the reason I have pretty much given up on Caterhams is that to get that CSR It would cost me and the partner £14K EACH !!
I cannot relax and giggle when I hit a cone or spin at a trackday in a car which costed £28K, I really could in the Vortex!
So hello again, sorry for straying, it won't happen again! And the kids may go to college after all.

Mark G - 8/3/09 at 07:43 PM

Well done for seeing the light!

coozer - 8/3/09 at 07:47 PM

Dare I say that an MNR set up properly rides better than a Cateringvan??

And just point out its a Vortx, no e in it, innit?

StevieB - 8/3/09 at 07:52 PM

I quite agree, which is why when I sell the Indy and elise to replace with one Caterham, I'll be either holding out for a Caterham Fireblade or buying an Academy car and doing a bec transplant.

roadrunner - 8/3/09 at 07:57 PM

Glad to here it.

bassett - 8/3/09 at 08:43 PM

Good to hear as in 1 month i could be on the road in an R1 Vortx my dad talked me into over a cec

Meeerrrk - 8/3/09 at 10:16 PM

well theres no harm in trying some different things, its good to see what else is around.