Board logo

Blade Clutch 918
dean100yz - 12/5/10 at 10:40 PM

Ive got just about every replacement part for my clutch. Thought id beef it up so got a new basket, pressure plate, uprated springs, plates etc

BUT...I forgot this little puppy and its part of the big clutch slip problem. Dont wanna grind it back anymore just want a new one but Im strugglin and dont fancy HUK prices.

Anyone know someone that keeps these sorta things? I know Yorkshire engines but dont have number...hmmm could google that or theres some Honda guru people talk about?? Anyone got the number??

Steve Hignett - 12/5/10 at 10:43 PM

Your best bet is Andy Bates off of AB Performance...

Just in case not, Yorkshire engines No. is always on all his posts...

BenB - 12/5/10 at 10:45 PM

Otherwise try David Honda spares. They've always been sensible and reasonable when I've tried to get hold of something (even if I usually ended up getting from the states via bikebandit).

dean100yz - 12/5/10 at 10:51 PM

Cheers guys & thanks steve thought it was Andy something...will call him in the morning

Anyone have one laying about though (you never know ) u2u me id be interested cos fleabay has bugger all!

hobbsy - 12/5/10 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Otherwise try David Honda spares. They've always been sensible and reasonable when I've tried to get hold of something (even if I usually ended up getting from the states via bikebandit).

You mean David Silver:

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

blume - 14/5/10 at 09:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dean100yz
Ive got just about every replacement part for my clutch. Thought id beef it up so got a new basket, pressure plate, uprated springs, plates etc

BUT...I forgot this little puppy and its part of the big clutch slip problem. Dont wanna grind it back anymore just want a new one but Im strugglin and dont fancy HUK prices.

Anyone know someone that keeps these sorta things? I know Yorkshire engines but dont have number...hmmm could google that or theres some Honda guru people talk about?? Anyone got the number??

Hello Dean,
I'm currently struggling with clutch slip on my megablade too. Do you mean that those spring marks on the clutch center?
Mine is quite heavily used. Should I change it too?

Thx!

blume - 14/5/10 at 09:28 AM

By the way, here comes mine in situ
(and sorry about using your post for that!) Rescued attachment P1000040.JPG
Rescued attachment P1000040.JPG