Board logo

luego xt lower ball joints
geoffxt - 13/1/09 at 07:54 PM

Hi,
I need a pair of lower ball joints and I believe that the Austin Maxi ones are the normal type fitted to the xt. Does anyone know of an alternative please?
geoffxt

geoffxt - 13/1/09 at 07:56 PM

Whoops! I should have added that I'm using Sierra type hubs.
geoffxt

rusty nuts - 13/1/09 at 08:00 PM

Whats wrong with the Maxi ball joints apart from needing the hub taper reamed out? Your lower arms are made to take Maxi joints

geoffxt - 13/1/09 at 09:04 PM

Hi Rusty Nuts,
Nothing wrong with them - where do you get them nowadays. I tried googling and ebay with no success. Have'nt yet tried local factors. If you have a good source at a reasonable price please let me know.
geoff.xt

davred - 13/1/09 at 09:41 PM

qh part no qsj602s maxi b/j any qh supplier should be able to order them for you hth david

Andybarbet - 13/1/09 at 09:57 PM

Got all of my Velocityxt ball joints from Marc at MNR, very good price and great company to deal with.

rusty nuts - 14/1/09 at 06:58 PM

Any decent motor factors should be able to get them for you. Have seen some on ebay recently with transit drag link ? joints as a complete set

repper - 14/1/09 at 07:57 PM

have you tryed halfords or do you have an andrew page near you thay defo do them £4 each i payed

geoffxt - 15/1/09 at 07:51 PM

Tried halfrauds today. One step from useless. Hadn't a clue what I was asking for and said they might have to special order them. Never mind. Thanks for the part numbers they'll be very useful.
I'm not too sure about the reaming. Is it necessary and what do I ask for?

repper - 15/1/09 at 08:49 PM

ive just checked my paper work to look at the part numbers but thay are the same as what david had QSJ602 so iam still no help do you have a part co, brown brothers, or http://www.andrewpage.com/
any thing like that

[Edited on 15/1/09 by repper]