Board logo

V10 Update now running with video
mark-wiring - 11/6/07 at 07:46 PM

Right after trying and failing to get the engine to start well apart from a 2 second run I have been on the phone to the USA.

Have found out that the ecu is controled by the cars anti theft alarm system so therfore wont run at all without it.

Thats the bad news.

Now the good news.

Have spoken to a company that can remove the need for the anti theft system from the ECU and remove a few other bits for me that i dont need and ship it over.

Now all that needs to happen is for it to arrive before we leave to come to the show Friday. It should happen but were not sure yet although the guy in the USA has said he will get it done asap and sent hopfully today.

So everyone cross ya fingers for us

[Edited on 13/6/07 by mark-wiring]

Paul (Notts) - 11/6/07 at 08:06 PM

It started.....

BL**DY ECU's

Will be at Newark camping. Hope to see the car or if not just have a chat.

Paul

mark-wiring - 11/6/07 at 08:08 PM

Car will be there no matter what i just want the new ecu so you can hear it

James - 12/6/07 at 12:21 AM

This is almost enough to make me actually go to Newark!

Heard of Megasquirt?

Cheers,
James

mark-wiring - 12/6/07 at 06:06 AM

Funny you should say that i have a megasquirt but i dont think ill use it on the v10 pmsl

You only in Surry James you will hear it start lol

mark-wiring - 12/6/07 at 06:41 AM

This mornings great news is that the new ecu will arrive with us by midday wednesday.

We called a company in the USA called DC Performance told them what i needed he knew exactly why the engine started and stopped and knew exactly what to do to correct it and has done a few other things to the ecu for me like remove the need for the 2nd set of O2 sensors and the skip shift function, it stops you from using 2nd and 3rd gears when driving slowly there is a solonoid in the gearbox, and it has a rather more aggressive fuel and spark map loaded

So with any luck we will have a video uploaded wednesday evening with the engine firing up for all to see

smart51 - 12/6/07 at 07:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mark-wiring... and the skip shift function, it stops you from using 2nd and 3rd gears when driving slowly there is a solonoid in the gearbox...

Dodge call it 2nd-3rd lock out. It is a US government mandated feature to try and push the fuel consumption into double figures. If you don't accelerate manically in 1st gear, it prevents you selecting 2nd or 3rd. you can use 4th at really low speeds because the Viper engine pulls so well at 500 RPM (it is a tuned truck engine). You can put it in 6th at 25 MPH and it will cruise at 500 RPM. put your foot down and it pulls well without any objection. It is a mad engine.

mark-wiring - 12/6/07 at 07:14 AM

Thats it GONE lol

smart51 - 12/6/07 at 09:21 AM

I've just had a thought, and then got out my calculator. 500 BHP in a luego is probably enough for 190 MPH , more withough a windscreen . I hope you've got good tyres.

mark-wiring - 12/6/07 at 10:08 AM

well if you consider that a std viper will do 190 mph and weighs twice as much as the luego will ..................

James - 12/6/07 at 10:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mark-wiring

You only in Surry James you will hear it start lol

Hah! Didn't spot you were that close.

If you're up for a visit some time I would love to come and see this beast.

In fact, you are of course welcome to our monthly meet , 1st Sunday of the month usually at Newlands Corner in Guildford. Keep an eye on the 'Events' section.

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 12/6/07 by James]

bj928 - 13/6/07 at 12:55 PM

mark-wiring now wishes to be known as the dogs bollox, we have today recieved the new ecu from the states and the engine is now starting and running on the button, who da man mark!!!!!!

video
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/bj928/?action=view&current=DSCF2223.flv

[Edited on 13/6/07 by bj928]

saigonij - 13/6/07 at 02:30 PM

whats the video format?

bj928 - 13/6/07 at 02:43 PM

Its just a photobucket one same as youtube flv have it in avi but its 40 meg!!

Paul (Notts) - 13/6/07 at 03:14 PM

Very nice...

perci - 13/6/07 at 03:28 PM

sounds great- cant wait to hear it for real!!

mark-wiring - 13/6/07 at 03:30 PM

Newark all weekend so if your there you will and trust me its better in person

Simon - 13/6/07 at 07:29 PM

Blimey, you do do things quick don't you

Sound quite quiet as it's from manifolds.

ATB

Simon

NeilP - 13/6/07 at 08:06 PM

I've just had a megasquirt!

That - my friends - is gonna be insane....

wilkingj - 14/6/07 at 06:04 PM

Thats a nice sound.

Now DONT get carried away, as I didn see any water connections or a Radiator there. You dont want to bugger up that lovely lump before you get it on the road do you.

I'm Green with Envy!!

mark-wiring - 15/6/07 at 08:08 AM

Tempory radiator soultion will be in place for the weekend

David Jenkins - 17/6/07 at 02:34 PM

I actually saw (and heard) this - THING - at Newark today. In fact, I think that most people on the site heard it every 10 minutes!

"Loud" isn't quite the right word for it... I was standing 20 metres away and could feel the vibration through my feet...

Though it did attract a huge number of people every time it was run - men, women, kids, dogs, everyone flocked around.

Going to be a scary beast...

jollygreengiant - 17/6/07 at 08:19 PM

John & Mark its time for you to decide.

Is your car going to be a Bike Engined Car

OR

A Car Engined Car.

Although your engine came out of a Viper, they did also use that engine in a bike.

So you decide.

NeilP - 17/6/07 at 08:30 PM

Judging by the looks of lust that both John and Mark had as the Spitty flew over with its 12ltr Merlin engine I think we should start worrying about seeing a 'PEC' in due course - and no, I wouldn't want to press the button (unless on a 30m remote cable!!!!)

mark-wiring - 17/6/07 at 09:59 PM

It was in the car first so ill stick with car engine car thanks.

Neil hmmmmmmmmm dont go givine me ideas i could make it work (probably!!)

What a reaction off everyone tho can't believe every time it was started there was just a huge crowd of prople swampping it lol

Where's the car gone??

[Edited on 18/6/07 by mark-wiring]

[Edited on 18/6/07 by mark-wiring]

cct7kitcars - 18/6/07 at 09:15 AM

nice seeing you lads again the viper looks good and sounds good but there is one but missing

a PEDAL BOX lol

mark-wiring - 18/6/07 at 09:19 AM

You pee taking git stop playing on ya pc and build me pedal box!!!!!

Remind me to slap you when i see you next pmsl

Oh yeh and your buying the beer!!!

cct7kitcars - 18/6/07 at 12:12 PM

so does luego owners club go down as been the loudest at a show

NeilP - 18/6/07 at 06:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cct7kitcars
so does luego owners club go down as been the loudest at a show

Sounds like a mission for all future shows - Do you think that if we rev a 4cyl, a 6, an 8 and a 10 all together, the harmonic frequency might split the earth?

jollygreengiant - 18/6/07 at 09:15 PM

We'd need a V12 as well.

Clive get that Jag stripped and get that engine fitted.

cct7kitcars - 19/6/07 at 09:19 AM

v12 did some one say mmmm just getting tape messure out to see i it will fit

mark-wiring - 19/6/07 at 10:23 AM

Well seeing as the v12 is not that much diff to the v10 size wise it will fit now that would be a sight a 4,6,8,10&12 cylinder versions no one else could say they have ever done that before.

Will ppl please stop giving me ideas iv'e already looked for a cheap v12 jag pmsl

saigonij - 19/6/07 at 11:15 AM

i think everyone has missed an engine here...

How about the VW/Audi W12 engine?

or, the Vauxhall 3 cylinder jobbie at the other end.

jollygreengiant - 19/6/07 at 11:29 AM

Well if you are going THAT silly then someone needs to do one based on a 2CV as well.

quote:
Originally posted by saigonij
i think everyone has missed an engine here...

How about the VW/Audi W12 engine?

or, the Vauxhall 3 cylinder jobbie at the other end.

saigonij - 19/6/07 at 12:53 PM

i knew a guy building a kit car from a 2cv. Said the front suspension was F1 inspired...

cct7kitcars - 19/6/07 at 05:12 PM

quote:

Will ppl please stop giving me ideas iv'e already looked for a cheap v12 jag pmsl

do i start a chassis build for you now mark

mark-wiring - 19/6/07 at 05:55 PM

Oh god no just me pedal box!!!!

cct7kitcars - 19/6/07 at 07:02 PM

never never

DarrenW - 21/6/07 at 01:30 PM

So thats the car!!!!!! I was right next to it when it fired up, i didnt know he was going to start it and it made me jump

Ref BEC / CEC etc, surely this is technically a TEC

I have to say that even without a proper exhaust it did sound very nice indeed. Do you have shares in a tyre company? or indeed a diff company????? Once its on the road i have a feeling we wont see it much..................... due to the clouds of smoke it will leave behind

Defo a good project. Keep up the good work.

mark-wiring - 21/6/07 at 02:41 PM

Diff will take it fine tyres well maybe we will have to sort out some shares in a company lol.