Board logo

sierra based upright
Volvorsport - 12/11/04 at 12:40 AM

right , these were made for darrians , just showing what can be made , with wishbones that dont break !!!

Completely adjustable with the steering arm leverage changeable , and also for bump steer aswell , BUT notice the weight of the chassis written on there !!!!

that was one i made . with others

[Edited on 12/11/04 by Volvorsport]

Rorty - 12/11/04 at 02:09 AM

What hub do you use with that upright? I presume it also is a bespoke item, as I can't think of a production hub with a square flange and four bolt holes (except for some Type1/Type2 rear hubs).
I have made similar hubs (though more streamlined) that use the ubiquitous early Golf/Jetta bearing which is pressed in. If I can locate the pictures, I'll post them.

Rorty - 12/11/04 at 02:49 AM

I can't find a photo right now, but here's the drawing of it: Rescued attachment upright_022.jpg
Rescued attachment upright_022.jpg

Volvorsport - 12/11/04 at 11:44 AM

that upright has a sierra hub mounted to it , any hub is stronger when the stub axle goes through the bearing to which the wheel is mounted , ie not like cortina uprights that where the bearing is part of the flange .

drmike54 - 12/11/04 at 04:57 PM

Are the stub axle does this use is it from a FWD or 4WD Sierra?

Volvorsport - 12/11/04 at 05:18 PM

RWD or 4WD sierra , ideally from one with drum brakes since it doesbt have a caliper mounting bracket these were designed with radial mount calipers