Board logo

reservoir to m/c connection
andrew-theasby - 31/12/04 at 07:58 PM

How have people connected the reservoir to the the master cylinders? Ive got wilwood m/c's with female threads in and was hoping to use a reservoir off a sierra but they push straight on to the sierra m/c. Any ideas please???

andrew.carwithen - 1/1/05 at 08:52 AM

Hi,
You will have to use a remote reservoir as sold by MNR, GTS, Europa, Luego etc.
Europa do a remote reservoir fixing kit as well, which consists of brake hose to link reservoir to master cylinders, screw-in fittings to attach hose to master cylinders and hose clamps.
BUT it isn't cheap (approx. £25) and there is a problem with the hose and SVA, which requires the hose to be marked as suitable for use with brake fluid. Alas, although the Europa hose is suitable, it is unmarked. I believe that some SVA centres MAY accept a data sheet from the hose manufacturers stating its suitability for use but there's no guarantee, i.e 'how does the SVA inspector know that the unmarked hose fitted is indeed that referred to in the data sheet?'
I'm presently trying to source suitably marked hose and may have got lucky at a place in Plymouth which make pressure and hydraulic lines. (I've to go back after the Christmas break when the owner's back as, apparently, he's the one who'll definitely know where they can get it from!)
I'll let everyone know how I get on...

Cheers,
Andy.
(Apologies for any typing errors etc. - somewhat hungover this morning)

keith2lp - 1/1/05 at 11:03 AM

Hi

I have had the same problem and I was unable to find any pipe that was marked as suitable for brake fluid.

I have now have the one that Burton Power supply (p/no FSEFH013B and it is only 2.51 +vat a metre) which is cotton over braided and marked as in the attached picture .

If you go to wwwfuelsystem.co.uk/hose you can down load a spec sheet that ties up the markings on the pipe to being suitable for brake fluid (low pressure).

I plan to take this to my SVA as I cannot see how they can disspute this proof.

Hope this helps

Keith

[Edited on 1/1/05 by keith2lp]

[Edited on 1/1/05 by keith2lp] Rescued attachment pipe.jpg
Rescued attachment pipe.jpg

wicket - 6/5/05 at 05:06 PM

A couple of pictures on my archive of marked hoses from a Fiat Seicento. The longer one is p/n 46774776, 290mm long, and the other is p/n 46774775, 220mm long. Total cost £8.48 inc vat, took a couple of weeks to get.

If I had known I would have just bought 2 of the shorter ones, they are just the right length.

[Edited on 6/5/05 by wicket]