Board logo

how exactly do these fit on?!
blakep82 - 6/9/07 at 03:14 PM

not sure how this fits over the flange on the ends of the axle tube?! anyone else got these?

[Edited on 6/9/07 by blakep82]

omega 24 v6 - 6/9/07 at 03:22 PM

Mines made from 100 by 50 box with a hole drilled through them and then split to give the 2 brackets.
Yours is gonna be mega strong with that on but as you say how'dya get it on. If it's one of shp's he probably fits them before the axle flange goes on (i.e. when he shortens the tubes or lengthens them).

blakep82 - 6/9/07 at 03:31 PM

that picture's from rally design.

I'm rubbish at fabrication you see. i was going to makesome from box section (like in the book) but both brackets would turn out quite different

these look nice, and will do the job perfectly

Coose - 6/9/07 at 03:39 PM

Chop them in half, fit them to the akle and then weld them back together!

blakep82 - 6/9/07 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Coose
Chop them in half, fit them to the akle and then weld them back together!

was thinking of that myself if the book ones are only welded around the back, i could afford to cut a bit off the front leaving a C shape, the weld the cut out back on again.

i've got some of these in the garage, didn't think they'd be strong enough though, and the space between both holes wouldn't be big enough for my liking either

Peteff - 6/9/07 at 04:27 PM

Get four pieces of 100x3mm flat cut to the length you want, clamp them together and drill the holes for the trailing arms then bolt them together and use a hole saw to cut the axle section out. Make them into a box with some 40x3mm welded down the back or just cut the front out of those in the picture and weld it back in as you suggested.

[Edited on 6/9/07 by Peteff] Rescued attachment 4 Axle.JPG
Rescued attachment 4 Axle.JPG