Board logo

Are these any good !
NigeEss - 25/1/05 at 07:53 PM

Wishbone set on ebay, anyone used them or know anything about them ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40192&item=7950222446&rd=1

mattpilmoor - 25/1/05 at 08:11 PM

Hi
I've ordered some - in fact i think i was the first to order from this chap, and i get a sneeking susspision that the items in the photo may be mine! I had a chat to the guy on the phone and he seemed very genuine and a nice guy. He said i could return the goods if I wasn't 100% happy with the welding - which he mentioned was conducted by a pro with 20yrs experience. I'll post up the verdict when the items arrive.
Matt

Avoneer - 25/1/05 at 11:22 PM

Yeah, I'm very interested as well. Please let us know as soon as they arrive as I may go down that route as well.
Pat...

andyace - 26/1/05 at 10:05 AM

Just contacted Ant and the Sierra Front wishbones will be available in about 2 weeks.

They are also working on a DeDion axle jig at this moment.

Anyone seen any yet, the £110 kit is less than 1/2 the price of other options!!

[Edited on 26/1/05 by andyace]

mattpilmoor - 27/1/05 at 03:34 PM

I'll post some pics week after next when i get back from skiing

NigeEss - 29/1/05 at 12:28 AM

Skiing !
Where to you s*d,
I've missed out on a ski hol this year due to spending 5 weeks in Oz
just before Xmas. Suppose I shouldn't really complain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still jealous though.

Nige

mandy69 - 31/1/05 at 11:30 PM

What you need to know and ask is, has anyone actually used a set?
In my humble opinion they don't look that clever.
Cheap doesn't always get you a better deal.

Ta,
Mandy

andyace - 1/2/05 at 08:43 AM

Matt and avoneer have ordered some and hopefully will post pics when they arrive.

Einstein didnt look that clever either and also expensive does not always mean better!!

Avoneer - 1/2/05 at 12:06 PM

The guy seems to know his stuff after about a 30 email comversation and considering I also have a set of lolocost bones which are fine - they can only be an improvement.
The guy also said if I am not 100% happy, I can sent them back.
I think he is also going LTD in a few weeks and said his prices will rise.
Can't go wrong!
Pat...

Danozeman - 1/2/05 at 08:37 PM

I was considering a chassis from this chap. They/he seem very genuine. I would have gone for it but have decided leugo is the way to go.. When i finally get round to ordering. The lazer cut front bone plates he does look good too..

chunkielad - 1/2/05 at 11:55 PM

I wouldn't have a problem using him but A: My setup is going to be far from book standard and B: I've just spent the last of my budget on the FZR so until i sell some of teh bits I've collected i CAN NOT GET ANY WISHBONES SORTED!!!!

mattpilmoor - 20/2/05 at 10:41 AM

I bought my wishbone set from Antony at ARA. Nice guy, and i'm happy with them.

Pictures of the bones now in my photo archive.

No connection

Cheers

Matt